Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/579873653/gloomhaven-2-aufla...

The Gloomhaven 2.Ed insert from TowerRex seems to ne available now. I don‘t have any experience with their inserts but I‘ve read some good reviews. I‘ve ordered one and can post a first impression once I‘ve assembled it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharp looking and priced right. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like they could have done something better to organize the map boards, but this might be my favorite organizer so far. If I didn't already have the Broken Token insert I'd pick this one up for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh K
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please. Let us know how this goes! This is a price point I can conceivably get behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 3 and some other stuff from them last week and anxiously awaiting delivery

When ordering multiple items at their shop, though, keep an eye on the shipping:
Normally, when you buy 2 items, shipping per item is reduced. (say 1 item is 20,-, 2 items is 30,- etc)

This isn't the case with Towerex: 2 items is double shipping, 3 items is triple shipping.

I do not know if Ukrainian postal services differ that much from other countries, but I found that strange.
(if you talk to them about it, they might offer a small % discount)

With the current shipping, it's still less expensive then other inserts for 1 or 2 items, so it's prolly not that big a problem.

Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thedaffodilfish
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered 3 inserts from TowerRex in the past - great service and communication. Their products are very competitively priced, but the shipping balances that out. They're advertised as not requiring glue or cutting etc, and for the most part that's true. It may just have been me being impatient and forcing things but I snapped at least one part of all three inserts (Scythe, Carcassone, A Game of Thrones) so I'd recommend that you have a craft knife to hand just to help enlargen a couple of the slots.

Otherwise they look great and I'm really impressed with them. I've ordered the Gloomhaven insert too so will report back in due course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandt Boulden
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I'm right because I'm RIGHT!
badge
Christian Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
was ready to buy until I saw the shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
Yeah I was also about to order some of their inserts, when I realized the shipping price is not only extremly high, but also keeps just adding up when you want to order multiple pieces. They are probably cloaking some of the real cost within the shipping cost. Since that almost doubled the price for the GH insert, I think I will try out the laserox one, when it is available again. That seems to have a better layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grominx
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
navybrandt wrote:
was ready to buy until I saw the shipping

Same. The shipping is insanely expensive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmmm 79 AUD all up shipped to Australia. Given that the Broken Token insert is 79.99 before shipping, it seems like an okay deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis P.
Germany
flag msg tools
If anyone has it already, how about sleeved cards? Do they fit?
Thanks in advance ☺️

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
I just got mine today, I'll review it, but probably after new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Svien
Japan
flag msg tools
Please do, Baramon! I'm seriously considering picking this up but would like to hear at least one review first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I would also like to hear about reviews. From looking at the pictures, I am a little bit concerned about the layout. That box where the dragon and all of the small stuff is inside looks like it is not very smooth to handle. First, it is one big box, which you should put on the table in order to have acces to some frequently needed stuff. The other stuff is only needed on setup or otherwise occasionally and is just wasting space on the table. In addition to that you seem to have narrow deep compartments where you have to drag the tokens out. Also, the condition tokens are all mixed together in the same compartment. BT and Laserox did a better job to solve these problems imho. Even my own temporary solution with plano boxes seems to be more practicable. There I also have all of the condition tokens in one box but atleast it is a much wider one where you can search relatively easy without pulling everything out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kessels
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Baramon wrote:
I just got mine today, I'll review it, but probably after new year.

I'd love a review of this insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
We nostalgically watch "Hocus Pocus"!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished putting this together. I am somewhat unhappy about the way they solved the issue of having multiple monster cards. Since they didn't. There's enough dividers to divide all other stuff but not the monster cards, which just wind up in a big pile. It's rather inelegant to say the least. Other than that, it's very good. I used glue but wouldn't be surprised to learn that you don't need to. They snap together very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was planning on using this, printed on some thicker paper. My insert is being shipped at this moment, so I'll try it when I get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RitzBGG wrote:
I was planning on using this, printed on some thicker paper. My insert is being shipped at this moment, so I'll try it when I get it.
This looks like it might work! I might just give this a go laminating them for fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VierasTalo wrote:
RitzBGG wrote:
This looks like it might work! I might just give this a go laminating them for fun.

Do you think there is enough space left for those paper dividers between all those monster ability cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RitzBGG wrote:
VierasTalo wrote:
RitzBGG wrote:

Do you think there is enough space left for those paper dividers between all those monster ability cards?
There is a lot of space in the mini-euro section of this insert. They're a tight fit on the sides (ordering sleeves next week so we'll see how bad an idea that is), but vertically they're half empty. The third picture on their Etsy sale page is very accurate in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VierasTalo wrote:
Just finished putting this together. I am somewhat unhappy about the way they solved the issue of having multiple monster cards. Since they didn't. There's enough dividers to divide all other stuff but not the monster cards, which just wind up in a big pile. It's rather inelegant to say the least. Other than that, it's very good. I used glue but wouldn't be surprised to learn that you don't need to. They snap together very well.

Hi Miikka! I'd love if you could update your thoughts on the insert once you have played a few scenarios and maybe even unlocked new characters to see how the insert helps in setup/cleanup time. Most comments on the geek are about THE BIG THREE inserts, but there is not enough information about the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Rogar
Spain
Islantilla
Huelva
flag msg tools
mb
VierasTalo wrote:
There is a lot of space in the mini-euro section of this insert. They're a tight fit on the sides (ordering sleeves next week so we'll see how bad an idea that is), but vertically they're half empty. The third picture on their Etsy sale page is very accurate in this regard.

I'm waiting for mine too. I asked (before ordering) about that, if *all* the cards can be sleeved, and TowerRex replied that yes, they can be. We'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who received it, does it allow for the game to be stored sideways? The pics show lids for some of the store trays, but not all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VierasTalo wrote:
RitzBGG wrote:
VierasTalo wrote:
RitzBGG wrote:

OK, update: The paper dividers from the Laserox insert do not function if directly printed onto A4-size and cut up from there. As the cards are stored vertically they just slump into the deck rather than stand out of it. I'll give a go at making a different version which is larger rather than smaller than the cards.
NasosP wrote:
For those who received it, does it allow for the game to be stored sideways? The pics show lids for some of the store trays, but not all.
I wouldn't recommend it. Everything else stays in place but the topmost token tray (single/dual-hex overlays) is open, covered only by the map tiles and on top of them the game board. It'll probably stay put but the risk is very much there of things slipping out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I have received mine recently. I just finished assembling it this weekend. Overall, I am very pleased with the insert.

What I like:
+ Set up time is greatly reduced
+ Everything fits into the box
+ Looks really nice
+ I did not use any glue and it still holds good enough together
+ Reasonably priced

What I don't like:
- The wood has a tendency to crumble at the edges. This is kind of annoying during assembly. I.e. be super careful when you punch out the pieces.
- Some joints did not fit well together. Even if you have a gap of just 1 mm, it can get annoying.

Overall, I am really glad to have made the purchase. I bought it on Etsy. Everything went smoothly (payment, shipping).

Cheers

Update: added some pictures https://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/1177311/moep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.