Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the swamp on the north side of the Ukraine make the whole land area swamp for attacking units...as in attacks will always be halved? And then 1/4 in Snow?

For land areas with swamp and Forrest, are the affects accumulative (1/4 factors)? ...and then 1/8 in Snow...oh my!

It seams like most defensive positions on the map will have the attackers factors halved for something...am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about the Pripet Marshes? Its impassable as labeled on map. So NO units can in be that area!
(edit: the marshes are not part of Ukraine or BStates/WRussia. It's an area all by itself and no units can enter it.)

Yes, all mods add. But I see no 1/8 total. Just 1/2(terrain) and 1/2(snow) for 1/4 total max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
Are you talking about the Pripet Marshes? Its impassable as labeled on map. So NO units can in be that area!

Yes, all mods add. But I see no 1/8 total. Just 1/2(terrain) and 1/2(snow) for 1/4 total max.

I know about no units in the marshes. That particular marsh is a boarder with the Ukraine and the Baltic States. Does the Ukraine get the swap mod even though it's just a boarder? Or maybe marsh does not equal swap?

My second question is about a land area that has both forest and mountains and it's a snow turn. Looking around the map, I guess this doesn't exist..so a non question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No areas have BOTH forest and mountains. Its only one or the other. Terrain along a border does NOT count.

The terrain feature has to be totally inside the area to classify the area as clear, forest, swamp, or mountain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
No areas have BOTH forest and mountains. Its only one or the other. Terrain along a border does NOT count.

The terrain feature has to be totally inside the area to classify the area as clear, forest, swamp, or mountain.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the Rules too. I believe 1.4 section, first sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
It is in the Rules too. I believe 1.4 section, first sentence.

Yup! Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.