Rum & Bones» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Jumping ship - Intentionally rigging overboard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Das Mammut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ states that you can intentionally "rig just to go Overboard":

Q: Is there a limit to how far I can attempt to Rig/Can I attempt to Rig further than I can succeed (Seven zones, for example)?
A: You may declare a Rig to any legal zone, even if you cannot actually roll that high (seven zones away, for example), though this would most likely cause you to fall Overboard (which can be a tactical choice).

In the last few games I played, players did that quite frequently, whenever their hero was low on HP and likely to be killed next (e.g. by the Kraken or by nearby enemy heroes). They used 2 actions as usual and used their 3rd action to jump. This seemed like the rational choice, but it creates a dynamic we did not like very much (namely, hit & jump to safety; as soon as the Kraken enters the board, the player with the higher Kraken pool will routinely have all heroes jump overboard in order to avoid Tentacle Crush).

Do we overlook anything that makes the choice to jump overboard not so rational after all? What's your experience with this - do you have frequent "jumpers" as well?

(EDIT: I just noticed this question should have been posted in the Rum & Bones 2 Forum, not in original bRum & Bones. I did that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some of the abilities allow you to target heroes (even those overboard status).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.