Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else get extremely frustrated with Case 6 where almost EVERYTHING is in the newspaper articles from previous cases?

I played Case 1 and Case 2 with my friends, I moderated since I'd already done them before; but they wanted to play one I hadn't played through before yet. So we played Case 6.

It was an extremely thin casebook, which led to frustration, because it had barely had any information; but we managed to stumble through it and score 70 points after answering all of the questions+bonus questions, and we lost 50 points for the 10 extra leads we followed. That being said, the "solution" approach was ALL about the stupid newspaper articles.

Does ANYONE else get extremely frustrated that you NEED to look through EVERY single stupid frickin' previous case newspaper? Are there any other cases I should avoid because they use a different case's stupid damn newspaper?

I'm hoping to try some fan made cases later so I won't have to deal with crappy translation errors and stupid former case newspaper articles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not I. The newspapers are there for clues: it's part of the game. When playing two player, we both go through assigned newspapers; if multi-player, one of us usually takes on the newspaper reading entirely.

I mean, the game is all about reading, anyways; so what difference does it make whether one is reading newspapers or the casebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The newspapers are a part of the fun and the cumulative nature of them is a part of it. Imagine if one had to deal with the reality of many different papers going back a long time, that would not be fun. The numbering of the cases and the cumulative nature of the newspapers also suggests doing the cases in numerical order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious why the progression was:

1.. 2.. 6??

Wouldn't the next case be #3?

I think when you get to #6 and get clued to go read the paper, that something would click as being a repeated theme across the previous 5 cases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.