Subject: Oh Phil.......... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

We once had this lady where I work inadvertently email everyone (over 10,000 people) right before the holiday break. Chaos and insanity ensued for about two weeks until we all came back to work. After over 300 reply alls IT got involved and the email finally died off. It was hilarious for about the first 30 emails then maddening after that. You had people replying to all to say "remove me from this email". Other people were replying to all to try to explain to the first group that is not the way distributed emails work and you can't be removed. People were replying to everyone to tell people to stop replying to everyone. Ahh good times......

Anyway....yay rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Pinto
Brazil
São Carlos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least no one send a "merry christmas to all"...
Yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

We once had this lady where I work inadvertently email everyone (over 10,000 people) right before the holiday break. Chaos and insanity ensued for about two weeks until we all came back to work. After over 300 reply alls IT got involved and the email finally died off. It was hilarious for about the first 30 emails then maddening after that. You had people replying to all to say "remove me from this email". Other people were replying to all to try to explain to the first group that is not the way distributed emails work and you can't be removed. People were replying to everyone to tell people to stop replying to everyone. Ahh good times......

Anyway....yay rule book.

??????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulRadagast wrote:
uberzone wrote:
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

Anyway....yay rule book.

??????

I second. This is a bit oblique even for a SMG thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, I didn't get the original email from Phil but I do have a couple of the "reply all" responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulRadagast wrote:
uberzone wrote:
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

Anyway....yay rule book.

??????

There was an e-mail regarding sending bios genesis rulebook to KS backers, who backed for the upgrade pack. This will be sent directly from SMG. And nothing NEW about rest of the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
PaulRadagast wrote:
???:what:???:what:

There was an e-mail regarding sending bios genesis rulebook to KS backers, who backed for the upgrade pack. This will be sent directly from SMG. And nothing NEW about rest of the games.

Thanks for the clarification. I backed the full game, so I guess I wasn’t on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically he cut and pasted everyone's email address in the "To..." section instead of "BCC..." exposing 500 email addresses and causing everyone on the list to receive emails meant for Phil because people are using "Reply All". No big deal, I just thought it was funny and it reminded me of a similar incident at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

Chaos and insanity ensued for about two weeks until we all came back to work.

yep, I learned that way that outlook has an "ignore conversation" option.
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
millenium_baby wrote:
uberzone wrote:
BCC is your friend.

Just as an aside:

Chaos and insanity ensued for about two weeks until we all came back to work.

yep, I learned that way that outlook has an "ignore conversation" option.
shake

Gmail too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody received the rulebook yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but it's coming, based on some tangential communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Loodlood wrote:
Has anybody received the rulebook yet?

I did, couple weeks ago, before X-mas, I think. Sent by Phil himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received it today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick McKown
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook arrived in Spruce Grove, Alberta, on Wednesday (10th).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.