Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, guys.

So I've got quite a few pieces with varying degrees of warped bases. Is there a way to fix that?

I had a few that were so bad that they couldn't stand, but Crypto replaced those easily enough.

There are plenty more though that just rock a little when you move them or just don't look nice.

I'm wondering if I can maybe clip them to something flat and sturdy then hit them with a heat gun or blow dryer. Or maybe just set them on a hot plate or something.

Do you guys have any tips for this?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried the boiling water trick? I recommend cooling on a flat surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm very new to this kind of game, so I haven't really tried anything yet.

Makes sense though. Soften it up with the hot water then let it cool down pressed on to a cold, flat surface.

I'll give it a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tree Munky
United Kingdom
Godalming
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dipping in hot water to soften and then using a cold hard surface press the base down with your fingers until it cools and hardens again. Another option is to use a hairdryer and then do the same as above. Both works as I am currently going through my set of GB2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.