Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to be clear—Defensive special abilities last until the Hero’s next turn, NOT until the end of the round.

Now i have no intention of re-hashing any past threads, i’m just unsure if this is correct.

For instance, Mikey’s whirling shield or april’s stealth suit last until they go again, which could be a long while if said hero goes 1st in a round and last in a subsequent round.

Design-wise, It just seems like it’d be easier to stick with the more standard aproach of defensive abilities lasting until the end of the round—especially since the turtles ALWAYS go 1st, so if it’s a defense ability you really felt you needed that round, you’d activate that hero 1st. I wonder if they tested it this way and found it very under-powered? It strikes me as unusual since those defense items are sited by some as leaning toward too strong (although i’m not sold either way, not having enough play to deduce balance).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All special moves are active until that hero's next turn unless the card says otherwise. Leave the active special ability card above your hero dashboard or turned sideways or whatever way helps you remember that you used it.

Lasting until the next turn is fine balance-wise. I've played enough to confirm it works well. A smart villain can play around it. There is a slight balance issue with April, but not defensive moves in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.