Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan B Games is proud to announce Century Eastern Wonders, the second title in the Century trilogy.

Designed by Emerson Matsuuchi, Century Eastern Wonders invites fans to return to the exciting world of spice trading as players take to the high seas as merchants seeking to prosper in the exotic Indonesian islands. Century Eastern Wonders offers new, satisfying game mechanisms that will provide infinite replayability and countless strategies to explore. Fans that already own Century Spice Road will be able to combine both titles to experience the mixable game From Sand To Sea – An exciting ruleset that provides a new, unique Century experience!

https://www.planbgames.com/en/home/9-century-eastern-wonders...

Check the BGG page:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/242574/century-eastern-w...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
No playermat?, here I figured I was going to have a collection of playermats for the Century series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there will be a playmat. Just watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're shooting for a June release. Hope it works out, but there can be delays in any enterprise - bad weather, high seas, sand storms on land, war between nations, pirates, mutiny aboard ship! So, if you don't arrive by June, I won't lose hope, but will keep a watch for a spice ship on the horizon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if there is a playermat, I suspect that - like Century Spice Road - they won't make it available outside US/Canada, so it's pretty much a "frack you" to the rest of the world. Some companies just don't want my money. Or my good will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Even if there is a playermat, I suspect that - like Century Spice Road - they won't make it available outside US/Canada, so it's pretty much a "frack you" to the rest of the world. Some companies just don't want my money. Or my good will.

I mean I bet they could offer it? However speaking from experience shipping from Canada to Europe and other countries is actually very expensive, I miss my cheap shipping options when I lived in Europe. I would think Plan B could offer it but the cost would be very expensive, and *then* the complaints would be that the shipping is too pricey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
katanan wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

I mean I bet they could offer it? However speaking from experience shipping from Canada to Europe and other countries is actually very expensive, I miss my cheap shipping options when I lived in Europe. I would think Plan B could offer it but the cost would be very expensive, and *then* the complaints would be that the shipping is too pricey.
The obvious solution is to put them into distribution in the same way as the game, rather than make them US/Canada items. They (supposedly) made some available in UK as "not for sale" store promo items, but my FLGS has yet to see their copies arrive, so I don't know whether they even did that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

Player mats for Golem and Spice Road are available exclusively through PlanBGames.com

We'll even ship them to most of the world.
I'll need to investigate your claims of play mats being sent as a free promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Player mats for Golem and Spice Road are available exclusively through PlanBGames.com

We'll even ship them to most of the world.
That seems like a recent change - I must have missed the newsletter update - originally shipping was Canada/US only.

Quote:
I'll need to investigate your claims of play mats being sent as a free promo.
Not a "claim", more a statement (even an assertion, if you prefer) reporting what my FLGS told me when I asked about obtaining a playmat locally. They have since reported that distribution channels have gone very quite on the matter, so maybe this is another change of policy/miscommunication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michelle d
Australia
flag msg tools
Disappointed that my family of 5 who love both spice roads and the Golem edition won't be able to play this game.
Any chance the next game will go back to 5 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zaenglein
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You get what you pay for
mbmbmbmbmb
So if Pre-Orders open for the game on April 23, can I pick it up at Origins? And get the cool mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.