Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played case 1, but we felt the map wasn't all that necessary as we relied on the directory to find the paragraphs for places/people we wanted to go see.

How important is the map in later cases? I'm not looking for specific spoilers, just something vague like, "Oh, you'll definitely want to use it for most of the cases" or "No, you can get by with the directory".

If it is useful, is it because not everything is in the directory and you need to look for actual locations on the map itself?

Just curious...advice is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the map. Yes for some cases it is window dressing. You won't solve others without it.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You will discover this in case 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think about it this way, with each new case the designers might wish to highlight one particular aspect of the game as an introduction to that aspect. Then for later cases, they can combine multiple aspects as the players can be assumed to handle the complexity of each aspect handled individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bentley
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did you not use the map to find the factory in case one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychobob99 wrote:
Did you not use the map to find the factory in case one?

I’m not sure... I just remember using the directory for our leads to the point where we began wondering what the point of the map was!

I did take a closer look at the map after responses to this thread and now I can see there are many names places that might not appear in the directory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Edwards
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Together down the ages we have fought the long defeat.
mbmbmbmbmb
It proves relevant in at least 2 cases I can think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.