Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep. Trump's ambassador to the Netherlands, Pete Hoekstra, was asked by a journalist about a statement he had made about supposed "no-go zones" in Holland controlled by Muslim extremists. He denied ever saying such a thing, calling it "fake news". The report then cut to a clip of Hoekstra saying exactly that in a speech. when pressed about why he would claim that was fake news, Hoekstra then, incredibly, said "I didn’t call that fake news. I didn’t use the words today. I don’t think I did." Literally moments after he said it. I guess we can add the Netherlands to the list of countries we've alienated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/12/22...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure which one of you is the duplicate. But it is amazing and appalling at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These Trumpers are a new and special breed. Politicians have always lied but these people are something else. When caught in a lie, they just double down on the lie with even bigger lies. They know that they can get away with this because their supporters will support them no matter what they say or do. Trump was right about being able to shoot someone and still get elected, and a child molester nearly got elected as a US senator. We are through the looking glass...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Not sure which one of you is the duplicate. But it is amazing and appalling at the same time.

I didn't post about the ambassador to the Netherlands. That's fake news.

Trump's people making us look good around the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Technically me. I think I started first but he got his posted first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
desertfox2004 wrote:
These Trumpers are a new and special breed. Politicians have always lied but these people are something else. When caught in a lie, they just double down on the lie with even bigger lies. They know that they can get away with this because their supporters will support them no matter what they say or do. Trump was right about being able to shoot someone and still get elected, and a child molester nearly got elected as a US senator. We are through the looking glass...

This is not, however, new and unknown. George Orwell wrote rather prophetically of it; he simply imagined it coming from the other end of the left-right spectrum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:

This is not, however, new and unknown. George Orwell wrote rather prophetically of it; he simply imagined it coming from the other end of the left-right spectrum...

A little more weight for the horseshoe theory, where the far-right and far-left are more like each other than the center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but it's only the Netherlands. Wake me up when they lie about their lies to Germany or China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually an insult to the intelligence of the people he is dealing with, to do that.

It's like raising your hands, and telling someone to 'ignore the man raising his hands'. In the end, it just brings on more attention, attention that is not good. When will they learn? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a pretty simple explanation here involving the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, Uranium One, and the deep state, but you're going to have to give me a minute...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
There's a pretty simple explanation here involving the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, Uranium One, and the deep state, but you're going to have to give me a minute...

I got you, bro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
when pressed about why he would claim that was fake news, Hoekstra then, incredibly, said "I didn’t call that fake news. I didn’t use the words today. I don’t think I did." Literally moments after he said it./

It reminds me of junior high :
[student is talking to her neighbour]
Teacher : Stop talking !
[The student suddenly stop talking and loot at the teacher]
Student : I wasn't talking !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.