Rising 5: Runes of Asteros» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lots of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Ruehl
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey,

I´m really enjoying the game so far, but there is something that i don´t understand. So far, i have only been playing in solo mode and i am wondering why i should ever play more than one card of any character on my turn? If i understand correctly, i get to activate the special ability of any charcater only once per turn, no matter how many cards of that character i am playing, right? so to me it just makes a whole lot of more sense, to only play one card at a time, so i can activate special abilities more often. Does this change in a multiplayer game? Please help me out, i am currently very confused with this issue and thinking that im doing something wrong...
Also, when you choose to pass on your turn (in a multiplayer game) the manual says that you have to at least draw 1 card from the deck. What happens if after the draw you have more cards than your maximum handsize would allow?
The manual states, that in a multiplayer game after you played your action cards, you must draw back up to max handsize. Also it says you must at least draw 1 card. So, do i get to choose how many cards i draw, as long as i draw at least 1, or do i have to always draw up to max handsize?
One more: How do you handle those special Items, like the one that automatically can win you a fight? Do i need to use an action with a character to use that card? Or do i just use at any time in the game, and the monster just goes away?
BTW i´m referring to the german version of the rulebook.

Thanks for helping me out! DD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kim
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
1. You can use the special action of the character only 1 time per turn and the special action must be of the hero that you play the character card. If you use only 1 card on your turn, that means you can do only 1 normal action among character move or encountering a card. In this case, when the Red Moon crisis is happened, you will lose..
2. You must draw 1 card from the deck even though your hand is full. Draw 1 card from the deck then discard 1 card from your hand.
3. Special card: You can use the special item anytime during a turn. But if you decide to pass the turn, you can't use the item because you "pass" the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Kopeć
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall I agree - less actions per turn is usually more efficient, but sometimes you want to do more actions in one turn. For example you need only 1 cube to check runes and win. By playing 3 cards you can move, collect 1 cube (by fighting or receiving from helper) and then resolve runes. This way you draw less cards and reduce chance of revealing red moon.

About drawing cards: polish rulebook states that you first announce how many cards you will draw (at least 1, but no more than your hand limit) and then draw. If you draw red moon you immediately stop drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rehrl wrote:
One more: How do you handle those special Items, like the one that automatically can win you a fight? Do i need to use an action with a character to use that card? Or do i just use at any time in the game, and the monster just goes away?
BTW i´m referring to the german version of the rulebook.

The german rules are totally unclear with that. I had the same questions and looked it up in the english rules, which are quite clear:
When acquired, these items belong to the team and can be used at any moment by any character / active player.
Important: once played, an item is always discarded

So I guess the active player decides if he wants to use it and can use it with any character, no matter what card(s) he played or is going to play. (Well, I guess it doesn't matter which character he plays anyway, because the effect of the items are not bound to the location of the character... And I guess you can't use it when passing a turn, because you don't become the active player then...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.