Steve F
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was Christmas shopping in marshalls and TJ maxx one store had dr Eureka for $10 in the toy section the other had 3 copies of rolling America $5 each in the checkout.

Inventory is probably too random to drive to one just for games, but since I have never seen games by these publishers there before I thought I'd post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla B
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also picked up Risk Legacy at Ross for $17, but I didn’t know how rare that was. Probably a good idea to check the toy section at these stores if you’re already there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen rolling America twice now, and also found Pyramix (another gamewright title).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work at homegoods. We received copies of the large luxe deluxe copies ($99) of Clue, Monopoly, Scrabble. Also nice glass versions of scrabble/monopoly for $50. but the day after christmas *should* mark down 50%. (They did last year at least, can't confirm for this year). The stores will do a flat 50% discount taken at register for christmas items. Will vary by stores how soon they mark the game items down/how they handle it after. But try asking at the register, anyone worth good customer service will scan the barcode for a markdown, it's quick. My store personally has 15,000 items going on markdown. Most of it won't have a physical markdown tag for a couple days after

Also have a large assortment of simple games. Acrylic poker decks sets/acrylic tic tac toe boards. Poker chip sets for those looking to do away with paper money. Mancala, fancy backgammon leather sets. A variety of other assorted games.

YMMV. Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Homegoods carry similar items, so it really depends on what's nearby. They aren't the deep strategic games most geek users are searching for, but still nice sets. And the discount price is nice for anyone looking for a late christmas gift, early start for next year, birthdays, personal, etc. lol

Hope I've helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
RealDogsHaveTattoos wrote:
I also picked up Risk Legacy at Ross for $17, but I didn’t know how rare that was. Probably a good idea to check the toy section at these stores if you’re already there.

A friend also picked up Risk Legacy for $16.99 at a local Ross (Bay Area, CA).

I didn't post a thread because I assumed it was random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.