Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/succubuspublishing/midd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, this is by far the longest KS post I ever saw - the goodness just won't stop for miles and miles!
Prepare for muscle soreness in your scroll finger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very good update but, we're waiting for the update that says that the games are shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least the game is now "done". They're just tidying up quality of visual and components - so hopefully that means an April shipping date. I agree and want them to make sure the colors on the tiles pop and look great, so glad they're taking their time now to ensure A+ game in all aspects. There's a comment for this update from a backer with concerns about the miniatures - I find it a bit difficult to tell from the photos if they aren't sporting the detail they deserve, anyone else have an opinion on this? I know Panda isn't known for it's miniature quality, but hoping the sculpts align with the quality of the art ( which is amazing ). Another backer claims this is sizing up to rival Gloomhaven and KD in epicness and quality ... tasty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least now that they have the production copy they are almost ready to pull the trigger on full production. Looks like it will be worth the wait. This game has a ton of content. The main story is almost 500 pages!

As for the miniatures, they actually look really good. Plus they did say in the update that they are going to make some final adjustments to sharpen some of the details. I expect these minis to be around the same level of detail you would expect from a CMON type game like Zombicide, Massive Darkness or The Others. They are going to look great fully painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they'd posed the minis with some Kingdom Death minis rather than regular old boring prebuilt stuff.

But yeah, this one is shaping up really nicely. This was one of those campaigns were when it started that alarm in my head went off saying I needed to back it as it was going to be something special. Same thing happened with Kingdom Death, Shadows of Brimstone, and a couple others that obviously blew up in both gameplay and popularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, for this amount of content in the box and the quality of artwork, I would say this was very much worth the kickstarter price, "even if didn't have any minis" and was a standy game (like Gloomhavon). Me too, I was ready to complain about the minis (if they were going to be low quality), but after seeing the content, I feel I have no right to complain about the production quality/price ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Gandolfo
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After the 5th they'll close preorder too, right?
Any idea about the retail price? I'm trying to decide if it's worth to raise my pledge for a second copy to resell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
L4g00n wrote:
After the 5th they'll close preorder too, right?
Any idea about the retail price? I'm trying to decide if it's worth to raise my pledge for a second copy to resell...

Somebody in the comments section asked something along the lines of how much value is in each copy and they replied that they were actually losing money on each copy from the KS. So, the assumption would be that the price will go up significantly. The original KS page has the pledge value listed as a MSRP of $250 USD, so who knows? It will also likely depend on how they go about distribution but given the high overall cost, you may be looking at something more like the 7th Continent/Conan route now where they only sell on KS or from their own shop/website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't see how most of these board game kickstarters make any money, it appears to be purely investment for continuing on after the KS - unless they rake it in on the extras to offset. Every mistake, every delay, every rewrite is time and money. And the more they raise is partially illusory given that is more people they have to ship product to. Take these Middara cats for example, God bless them for the titanic effort they put into this thing and they genuinely seem happy to do it, so more power to them - but it sucks thinking they may not make much ( or even negative ) scratch from all this effort. Hope it's vision ( something I appear to lack, the limitation of the accountant in me ) and the future pays for them in spades. Such a beautiful game/story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes these projects have other sources of revenue that we, as Kickstarter backers are unaware. I have to agree that Middara will be one expensive game at the retail level. Perhaps they have plans for a retail version with less miniatures and more standees? Recently Greenbrier games ran a second run kisckstarter for Folklore the Affliction. They made the main game with standees and offered the miniatures as an add on.

I do wish success to, Succubus with Middara. If it is as much fun as I suspect, I expect them to produce many more expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lil Ruub
United States
Western Delaware Co.
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love standees as well as the miniatures. In fact I bought the standee add-on for another game I backed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In a previous thread, the creators said they were planning to release a new gameplay video with the PPC, and that this video would be available before pre-orders closed.

Is that still the plan with the January 5th cut off date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murdercarrots wrote:
I've been attempting to use EasyPledge to setup an order all morning but the page just errors out after imputing an e-mail address. Is Jan 5th just for current backers or am I SOL?

Try using a different browser, I've had some trouble here and there with pledge managers and appears the coding used for these sites is bare-bones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
In a previous thread, the creators said they were planning to release a new gameplay video with the PPC, and that this video would be available before pre-orders closed.

We are filming the gameplay video today and will hopefully be posting it tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Much excite -- woo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

We are filming the gameplay video today and will hopefully be posting it tomorrow.

I watched the video and I'm a bit confused about the fight with the water lua's at the end. Wouldn't it be easier to hit and run them to death. Shoot from max range and then let current take you out of range. Slowly whittle them down while they can't retaliate. This is easy due to the water currents. (I obv realize this is cheesy but...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
balsalm9 wrote:
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

I watched the video and I'm a bit confused about the fight with the water lua's at the end. Wouldn't it be easier to hit and run them to death. Shoot from max range and then let current take you out of range. Slowly whittle them down while they can't retaliate. This is easy due to the water currents. (I obv realize this is cheesy but...)
They can move 6 and have a range of 6 on their attack. So doing as you suggested would be somewhat difficult but more importantly if there is ever an entire round in which an enemy does not do any of its listed actions the party gains an urgency token. When you gain your 3rd urgency token you lose the encounter. This prevents players from cheesing the game too much. We did not demonstrate this in the video but we'll be sure to include it in a future video.

Thanks for watching!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just learned of Middara and am about to pull the trigger to become an eleventh hour backer. One question: the latest update talks about a 'Promo Box.' Is that something that was unlocked as part of the base game purchase during the campaign, or is/was it an optional item? And if the latter, is it no longer available for purchase? I say that because I didn't see it listed as an add-on option in the latest pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hansen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
You get the promo box for free just by becoming a backer!

-Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alex.
That settled it for me.
I just became a backer as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.