Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Omans
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, so at the end of Day 3 I completed the Whispering Leaves quest (at least I believe that it's considered a Quest although the game doesn't explicitly call it that). Anyway - what happened for me led to 3 days being taken up in-story. (ie. the fiction told me that days passed). But the game itself didn't say "You are now on Day X" (which I believe would be Day 6). It just dumped me back off at Dragonholt. At first I assumed that I was still functionally on Day 4, but I don't want to go to much further if I'm incorrect. I feel like missing 3 whole days in the game book is a little unfair? I don't know - anyone else encounter this and/or am I doing it wrong? thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Harward
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into the exact same situation. We have continued making the same assumption about the day. I believe it is a fictional technique to control the day of the week. Though I sure wish they had made what you do more clear.

I'll be watching this thread to see if others who have finished the campaign can verify that we're not both making an invalid assumption. Glad you asked the question :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Edwardson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
For us the story told us to mark off all remaining time for that day, causing the story to continue with the end day reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Continue in Dragonholt at Day 4.

I'm pretty sure the days spent in Dragonholt are references to how many days we get to spend specifically exploring Dragonholt, and they're not necessarily consecutive.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The harvest (I think that's what you're referring to) is one of the mandatory story events, and should be accounted for in the story timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:

I'm pretty sure the days spent in Dragonholt are references to how many days we get to spend specifically exploring Dragonholt, and they're not necessarily consecutive.

The harvest (I think that's what you're referring to) is one of the mandatory story events, and should be accounted for in the story timeline.
not having played yet, how do you "account for the days"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Adria wrote:

not having played yet, how do you "account for the days"?

Only mark time specifically when instructed to. You'll start in Dragonholt on Day 1, and eventually mark enough time to get to the end of the day. At that point, you'll have an entry to read as indicated on the tracking sheet. Then go on to Day 2, and repeat.

For the specific event mentioned above,

The harvest does NOT tell you to mark time as passing, so don't mark any. It doesn't say to skip 3 days ahead, so don't skip ahead. Proceed as normal on Day 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Snamo Zont wrote:
Hi, so at the end of Day 3 I completed the Whispering Leaves quest (at least I believe that it's considered a Quest although the game doesn't explicitly call it that). Anyway - what happened for me led to 3 days being taken up in-story. (ie. the fiction told me that days passed). But the game itself didn't say "You are now on Day X" (which I believe would be Day 6). It just dumped me back off at Dragonholt. At first I assumed that I was still functionally on Day 4, but I don't want to go to much further if I'm incorrect. I feel like missing 3 whole days in the game book is a little unfair? I don't know - anyone else encounter this and/or am I doing it wrong? thanks!

We had exactly the same confusion.

At first when it said within 2 sentences of waking up
that evening had fallen
, we were like WHAAAT? Where did the day go?

Then when it said
the Harvest lasted for 3 days
we were like WHAAAAAT?
So are we on Day 4 or...?

I agree with the posters who said the "days" on the tracking sheet are days of adventure, not for tangential narratives like
the harvest

But, what they should've done to make things more clear is have 3 more days on the tracking sheet, and
in the harvest
include instructions "mark off days 4, 5, & 6. Then the next adventure day would be Day 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I H
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into the same situation with the harvest, but it seemed unreasonable to actually cross out three days. I'm not sure why the tracking sheet doesn't include paragraph numbers (possibly because of divergence in later days?) and the Dragonholt Village book doesn't include day numbers for the text that starts a new day. I suppose neither is necessarily, strictly speaking, but it would make this situation easier to resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Coeur D'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing so I came on here to check what other people's interpretation of the rules were.

The main justification I'm giving myself to continue with Day 4 after spending days after Day 3 is that those days after Day 3 are unavoidable. No matter the track you take after filling up all of the time on Day 3 and reading the required page it takes you through those few days before Day 4. So unless the authors put those days on the Village Tracking sheet and wrote end of day stories for each day with no way to get to them..... I think this is the right course of action to move on to Day 4.

But ya, I wish it was clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.