GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

James Moline
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I played the game twice today in two different locations with different lighting conditions. Both times, the app initially scanned the code components incorrectly (confusing red and orange, and dark and light blue).

I don't really have a problem with that as I know the scanning can be difficult. I couldn't find a way to manually enter the code, though, instead of using the camera.

Can this be added? I think it would make a big difference in usability.

I also think it would be helpful if, instead of just showing the 4 constellations right after you scan, the app took you directly to the latest entry in the scan log. That way, you could easily scroll up to compare previous scans. It would also allow you to see what code pieces the scanner picked up, and verify if it was scanned correctly.

I don't want to seem like I just have complaints, though. I'm really enjoying the game! These small issues just took away from the experience a little bit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Goldsmith
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using it on Android, so your app may be different, but in the top right corner when a camera's up, there's an icon with arrows and a finger. If you touch that, it takes you to a screen where you can enter things manually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The manual entry icon is quite visible and standing out, not sure how could you miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moline
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, when the camera was up, I was concentrating on holding it steady and lining everything up, and completely missed that. I only thought to look for a way to manually enter when I wasn't actively trying to scan anything.

Thanks for letting me know where to look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Ivry-sur-Seine
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with the manual entry. Luckily, the scanning works very fine, even with not much light.

I wanted to try the manual entry, but when I press the "manual" button, it switches on the manual mode, and then goes automatically back to the scanning mode after maybe just one second.

Anybody else has this problem ?

(I'm using Android with a Samsung Galaxy S6...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias K
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have to try manual mode as the app also scanned our first game incorrectly. At that time we knew all, so it was not that relevant. We rescanned a few times with several light conditions untul it was right.
Chnged dark blue to light blue and purple to red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.