Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game there are times when you can shakedown the front of a business multiple times.

The player controlling the turf (if there is one, and it is not you) can also perform the same shakedown - thematically, I like to think of this as getting a piece of the action. The order in which the two players take the benefit is decided by the active player. In this situation though, do the benefits alternate after each shakedown or does one player perform all of their shakedowns prior to the other player (potentially causing one to miss out on illegal goods or jobs)?

I am guessing the former but I'm wondering what others think.

If I am correct and it is the former, and each shakedown (and follow) is atomic, can the active player choose to change the order from one shakedown to the next? My instinct is "yes"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One player does all of theirs first followed by the second player performing all of theirs second. The only time you would choose to go second that I can think of is when it involves taking the horse head token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
The only time you would choose to go second that I can think of is when it involves taking the horse head token.

The other thing which comes to mind is if there might be a reshuffle of the jobs deck coming up and you want something in the discard pile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
One player does all of theirs first followed by the second player performing all of theirs second. The only time you would choose to go second that I can think of is when it involves taking the horse head token.

Disagree. I think each Shakedown is resolved individually. So, if there are two Shakedowns, Active Player would resolve then Turf Owner then Active Player then Turf Owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
afrag wrote:

Disagree. I think each Shakedown is resolved individually. So, if there are two Shakedowns, Active Player would resolve then Turf Owner then Active Player then Turf Owner.

That was my feeling - with the active player selecting the order of course (usually, but not always, themselves first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
remus wrote:
afrag wrote:

That was my feeling - with the active player selecting the order of course (usually, but not always, themselves first).

Right, I should’ve specified that was an example only. Active player chooses the order, but they’re resolved individually.

I’m fairly certain that’s the intention. Maybe someone from CMON or Rodney Smith can verify?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t get that by a strict reading of the rules. Placing the union boss is the action which results in the specified number of shakedowns. It’s not multiple actions, but 1 that results in 1,2 or 3 shakedowns... that’s the way we have always interpreted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also vote for alternating. You're not doing a single triple-yield shakedown. You are doing three shakedowns. And the turf controller gets his cut of each. Resolve each shakedown individually. Otherwise a shrewd player can manipulate a situation with a depleted deck to ensure he gets two or three resources while the player controlling the turf gets nothing. That's not the intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s the way we play. I can’t speak to the intent, as I am not the designer, although that doesn’t seem like a stretch for an Eric Lang design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.