Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how many people sleeve this game but I did see one person on YouTube sleeving. He used the FFG mini euro sleeves (44x68mm) and they looked about 2mm too short. I bought the Swan Panasia 47x70mm sleeves thinking the 2mm extra might actually cover it but instead they are actually shorter than the FFG sleeves... So I wouldn't recommend the Swan Panasia. I think the actual height of the card is about 71.9mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
Card size
Cards are 1 2/3 inch wide by 2 5/6 inch tall; a smidge under 42.5mmx72mm.

I've never sleeved, but I've corner-rounded; 2mm radius suits them quite nicely.

mb FTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone considering this game, how many cards are in the game? I prefer to sleeve as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
... how many cards are in the game?
How big is your baseball-card collection? No, I'm not saying that (just) to be funny.

Ball-player size cards are 18 to a sheet, and there are four, plus a fifth sheet of Manager Strategy cards.

There's 54 cards (27 players per team) for the 1975 World Series (Cincinnati Reds vs. Boston Red Sox) plus 16 different "Generic Player" cards, and 2 Pitcher place-holders for line-ups with batting pitchers. Additionally, there are 8 smaller cards: 6 umpires and the 2 ball-parks from the '75 series. (I don't have a ruler handy; 1" by 2" I'd guess.)

But who do you want to play? There's plenty of PDFs of historical teams from different leagues available for free from the website, and an on-going fictional 'Baseball America' league for purchase, besides the yearly real-world teams. As for baseball cards (or other stat references), there are a few simple rules for translating them in HMB, with more detailed rules available separately.

So there are as many cards "in" the game as you have interest in there being, and your own interests will decide which cards you'd want to sleeve. For myself, I went straight for printing the 1944 AAGPBL teams from the website and have never actually played the 1975 World Series (though I've kept them, of course). Little zip-locks are all I've needed. And as the Manager Strategy cards are color text, printed on slicker card stock, they slip and separate more easily anyway.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you. For now my interest is playing the Royals 2017 season. Sounds like their 2017 Set would do just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Yes, thank you. For now my interest is playing the Royals 2017 season. Sounds like their 2017 Set would do just that.

Indeed. Early part of March you should be able to get both HMB 5.0 and the 2017 Pro set together.

In the meantime, be sure to check out After Further Review With Steve Tower on YouTube for HMB videos, if you haven't already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not seen these videos. Will certainly check them out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.