GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,528 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Wings for the Baron (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kaiserliche Marine Contracts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
This card awards up to three additional contracts. Do these additional contracts reduce the Contracts Remaining marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
How do you mean?

It adds three contracts to the amount of contracts available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xlyce wrote:
How do you mean?

The card reads ...

Gain up to three additional (+3) Contracts this turn provided you have sufficient factory capacity to fulfill them.

I assumed this means you roll against the available contracts, and the player gains up to three extra if you have the factory capacity to receive them. Do these extra additional contracts affect the Contracts Remaining marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, my understanding is and the way I have played is that the additional awarded contracts do not count against the available contracts. Same thing for when you have welded steel. Now, maybe I am wrong but assumed and played it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that it does reduce remaining contracts. I mean, why not? You get more contracts (if available) but from the finite pool, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
No, my understanding is and the way I have played is that the additional awarded contracts do not count against the available contracts. Same thing for when you have welded steel. Now, maybe I am wrong but assumed and played it that way.

+1 from me.

Fighter Contracts do not get decreased. Think of this as the same as Recon & Bomber: they are their own deal, separate from Fighter Contracts, but you have to have the factories to meet the demand.

[John, this is the way I recall us playing it, but I have to admit I can't recall ever playing that card for the event.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
WBRP wrote:
Phytoman wrote:

+1 from me.

Fighter Contracts do not get decreased. Think of this as the same as Recon & Bomber: they are their own deal, separate from Fighter Contracts, but you have to have the factories to meet the demand.

[John, this is the way I recall us playing it, but I have to admit I can't recall ever playing that card for the event.]

Correct, I am wrong, I had the wrong card in mind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:

The rules about welded steel are what got me wondering, as they specifically say they bonus Papiermark has no effect on the Contracts Remaining marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.