United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
League and Tournament Management: BracketPal.com
badge
Do it for the Lobster
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if you no longer have dice, you must pass. However, once you used your last die, are you forced to pass the next turn, even if, by the time the turns come to you, you have the resources to complete a bonus action?

The situation, that came up was, I completed my last (normal) action and ended my turn. Then, before it was my turn again, I acquired enough resources to complete a bonus action.

Now, bear on mind, I did not pass the previous turn, I completed a normal action. But when it comes back to me, can am I forced to pass, or can I complete a bonus action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the turn comes to you and you have no dice, you are out of the turn rotation. You must begin with at least one die to have any turn to do something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Nummela
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you pass as a main action so you could do bonus actions before passing. And if you manage to get a black die during those you can do a main action on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no active passing or "pass action" in this game. Either you have dice to take a turn, or you don't and you're done for the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
There is no active passing or "pass action" in this game. Either you have dice to take a turn, or you don't and you're done for the round.

That's it.No dice no action.

The question already arose (in 2015) as playing mercator.No you are not allowed to do only a bonus action on your turn.You need to perform a main action.Exception: If you only have 1 die left you are allowed to put it on the purse "take 3 coins" (which normally would count as a bonus action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Gumm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
League and Tournament Management: BracketPal.com
badge
Do it for the Lobster
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.