Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about locations appearing in the conclusion, but no "new location" box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says, my wife and I played a scenario tonight and in the conclusion text there was a location mentioned that we have not discovered yet, but there is no box that says "new locations" like there normally is. Does this mean that we have to discover this location through other means first, or are we allowed to continue onto the location mentioned? More specific details in the spoiler box below.

Spoilers for scenarios 33
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We are playing scenario 33 and in the conclusion it has the little circle location symbol for location 40. It says, "you get up and continue your quest with the treasure in hand (40). We have not otherwise discovered location 40. This scenario page is pretty full, so were they just unable to put the "new location box" or is this an example of something that we have to discover first? I checked the FAQ, but was unable to find anything related to this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yah, you got it. It is provided a story line reference, like it often does, but it doesn't actually unlock anything.

I'm guessing you unlocked 33 from the drake? If I'm right, you will need to proceed a certain branch of a different quest line, which will also unlock 33 and will unlock 40 at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Murphy
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
the big one that does this is scenario 14. at the end it shows 4 bubbles but dose not unlock anything. Its basically used as a reminder to which scenario might have lead you to 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.