Subject: Reaction cards — Drawing new cards after playing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some (all?) of the Reaction cards instruct you to draw a new Scene after playing. Why? If you have under five Scenes in your hand, you will already be drawing up to five Scenes as soon as the Reaction resolves, and there does not seem to be any mechanical impact to the game for having that newly drawn Scene in your hand between the time you play the Reaction and the time the Reaction resolves (when you would be drawing that Scene anyway).

I can see some corner cases where you might start your turn with six or more Scenes, play a Reaction, and then be instructed (and allowed) to draw an additional Scene, even though you already have five+ Scenes in hand. But I’m not sure how often that would come up or that it would have a big enough game impact to introduce this mechanic to the game.

No problem with the rule, just curious. It’s a very intelligently and intuitively designed game, and this is the one design decision I can’t seem to figure out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Albertslund
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As many reactions can be played when it's not your turn, it avoids a situation where you begin your turn with less than 5 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khaniyan wrote:
As many reactions can be played when it's not your turn, it avoids a situation where you begin your turn with less than 5 cards.

Ah! Such an obvious answer and I missed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.