Subject: Dog fair and sick dogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Family has been having a great time with this game. Quick questions:

1. Can you sell sick dogs (in the infirmary) to the fair?
2. Can you trade sick dogs (in the infirmary) with a dog from the fair?

Thanks again for a great game. As a testament to how much we enjoy this: My wife, who always complains about the money I spend on games, actually gave me a bad time for *not* spending the extra money to name one of the dogs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jholliday wrote:

1. Can you sell sick dogs (in the infirmary) to the fair?
2. Can you trade sick dogs (in the infirmary) with a dog from the fair?

The answer to both questions is No - the rules state the dog comes from your kennel, and the infirmary is not your kennel. Remember that dogs in your infirmary do not require food since they are not in the kennel.

jholliday wrote:
As a testament to how much we enjoy this: My wife, who always complains about the money I spend on games, actually gave me a bad time for *not* spending the extra money to name one of the dogs!

Classic, I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks much Steve. I should have clarified the reason for my question. I saw that rule you point out, but was not sure if the "kennel" referred to your entire playing board (which is labeled as a kennel on the player board itself) and the "stalls" were a distinct part of your kennel. As you point out, the rules refer to the kennel, not the stalls. In fact the "trade" rules refer specifically to "kennel stalls," while the sell rules refer to simply the "kennel." So we've been playing you could sell sick dogs from anywhere in your kennel, including the infirmary (the objective being to get more money), but you could only trade from your stalls (healthy dogs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Gray
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sorry if there is any confusion over this issue. I wrote the rules based on the original Portuguese rules. It was my first time writing rules so possible a little confusion between Kennel and Kennel stalls, I may have interchanged them here and there.
Let me do a little bit of clarification.
Your player board is called an Animal Rescue Center (ARC) - p.5
Your Kennel and it's stalls are part of the ARC as is the Infirmary, Office, Store room, Veterinarian and Garage.
Upon returning to your ARC dogs either go to your kennel or to the infirmary if they are sick. If you infirmary is full at that time you would then donate that dog to another player. If another player accepts the dog it would go into his infirmary. If no other player wants the dog it is donated to the dog fair. All dogs in the dog fair are considered healthy (The Dog Fair heal sick dogs that are donated to them in this way.)
You may never sell or trade a sick dog. The only way they can be removed from the infirmary to you kennel is to use the vet action space and medicine to heal the dog. From that point on in the game the dog is healthy unless you are unable to feed them, in which case 1 of them from an unfed stall would be placed back into the infirmary.
I hope this helps clear things up.
Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very good. Thank you both Gary and Steve for the replies! The game just got a bit harder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jholliday wrote:
My wife, who always complains about the money I spend on games, actually gave me a bad time for *not* spending the extra money to name one of the dogs!

My wife asked me the same question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.