Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gumbrell
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Despite HUGE efforts to make the rulebook work for all, I have still been asked by the many folk playing this game for clarification. With this in mind, I share FAQs here to help.

1) What colour dice do you start the game with?
Answer - You start the main game with a BLUE dice.

2) How many gold rings do you get for a complete 'Pharaoh's Brooch'?
Answer - For each complete pair you get 50 Gold Rings (not 100).

3) Can you 'un-curse' a 'Cursed Tomb'?
Answer - Yes, if you select a 'Blessed Tomb' and play it on the same mummy, then both cards neutralise each other and both get put in the discard pile.

4) Can you use a 'Double Take' card (already in your possession), to take two cards during a 'Search in the Sand'?
Answer - Yes, this is a legal, and rather clever, move!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gumbrell
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just been asked another question...

Q1 - Can you have two 'Double Take' cards in your possession?
A - Yes, but you can only play one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
LYTHAM ST. ANNES
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I find the first pair of a double required for an end game bonus do I simply keep it in my hand until I find the other one?
Are cards in the discard pile face up or face down?
Do I simply 'find' the mummy as soon as I have the needed treasure as a free action or is it a separate action on a future turn?
Can I discard all the cards I have picked up and play a card from my hand instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gumbrell
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks for the question, Mick, here are the answers.

1) If you decide to take a Pharaoh's Brooch as your choice of card, then place it on the table by your Mummies. If/when you find the other half, then you end of game bonus is complete.

2) Discard pile is face up. However, only those selecting a Search in the Sand can look within it after they have committed to selecting that card.

3) You can Find your Mummy at any point, for free, within your go. Once found, no further actions can take place on this Mummy i.e. Adding a Cursed Tomb etc.

4) On any go, you can discard all the selection offered by the dice throw.

5) Not sure which cards have ended up 'in your hand'. Please explain so that I can answer more fully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
LYTHAM ST. ANNES
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please ignore point 5 - I am mistaken. Thanks for the clarifications- I reckon I am sorted now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.