Subject: Fabled Fruit Laser-cut Insert Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great game, but we got sick of opening and closing plastic baggies and figuring out what goes where.

So I took a shot at building a wooden insert. It's seems like the perfect game for it. This is the second insert that I've ever designed.

There are 4 boxes in all. They only fit unsleeved cards and it's a tight fit. We're talking under 1 mm wiggle room.

I really like how the sloped card slots turned out. I do wish that I added an opening in the front and back of the large box for the Action Cards. 2 of the other boxes are the draw and discard piles for the Fruit Deck. The last box is for tokens and miscellaneous.

Here it is with all the cards and tokens in the boxes. I probably should've waited for the glue to dry overnight, but I was too impatient. The boxes held up though.

During the game, we'll just pull everything out. We can start in less than 10 seconds.

Also, I picked up the Lime Expansion today and it all fits too. Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks great! Now, I just need a laser cutter …

<1mm wiggle room sounds really tight, though. Sounds like I would botch that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice! I wanted to do something like this, with the cards lying in one long row with movable dividers for several sections of "used juices", "current 24 cards", "future cards".

But the game box height is (surprisingly and very annoyingly) slightly too low to permit the cards to be placed like that in a long row! I was very disappointed by that.

So I guess you are storing the cards lying somewhat obliquely:

|/////|////|

instead of upright:

||||||||||||

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlastimil Mensik
Czech Republic
Praha 5
Praha
flag msg tools
badge
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, could you, please, share the used files? I can use laser cutter in local Fablab and this insert looks really great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.