Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
1) So we're playing without the Investor card. Say that no-one bought bonds from China in the initial setup. After Russia's first turn, what happens?

A) First everyone gets to invest in Russia, and afterwards there's an additional bond buying/upgrading round where people can Invest in China. So everyone can buy or upgrade two bonds between Russia's and China's turns.

B) There's one chance for everyone to buy or upgrade a bond, where everyone can choose between Russia or China.

2) The way I read the rules it seems to me that A is the answer. If that's indeed the case, then what extra options does a Swiss Bank player have?

A) In the first bond buying round where everyone else only gets to invest in Russia, the Swiss Bank can invest in any nation. In the second round, where everyone can invest in China, this player is limited to buying a Chinese bond.

B) In both these bind buying rounds, a Swiss Bank player can invest in any nation.

The way I read the rules it seems to be A, because the rules (at least in the German version of the original Imperial) seem to specifically refer to the bond buying round that happens "after the nation's turn".

Conclusion:
So from what I read if no-one has bonds in a nation there's an EXTRA round of buying bonds where EVERYONE (including the Swiss Bank) is limited to buying bonds in that nation. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
1A/2B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.