Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geegs
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sort of an unusual post but I was absolutely racking my brain in a recent online game trying to maximize my points in my penultimate turn.

The board state can be seen here

What I was trying to do and was ultimately unsuccessful at was:
Develop Movies
Build a Movie Theater
Finish the Internet wonder
Develop Air Forces
Build 1 Air Force unit

In a two turn span, I just could not figure out a way to get all the science I needed to develop 22 science worth of stuff, and also have the resources to build everything I wanted. I got so close but just could not make it work with what I had!

With the next event to be revealed being International Agreement and I being the strongest Civ, I even looked ahead at the civil cards I could potentially take. The only other useful card that came up after the screenshot was a Revolutionary Idea (+6 science), which I took in my final turn with the International Agreement, but still wasn't enough.

Can anyone spot a way to solve this penultimate puzzle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you ahead or behind in culture? What’s your position?

Personally my turn would be:
Take Bill Gates, take movies, research movies, create a population, build a movies

I would not finish internet yet. On next turn I’d armed intervention, research mech ag if I could, elect gates, finish internet and build whatever would help me win end game scoring.

You mentioned trying to build Air Force - why? You’re ahead in military already and have a great last turn aggression in your hand. I understand if you’re not ahead in VP and need to ensure it lands, but can’t tell that from the screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disband sword
Disband sword
Grab gates
Elect Gates
Build scimeth (18r)
Build printing press (15r)
Grab urban growth
Grab movies
Production (28r, 22 sci)

Ultimate Turn
Research movies (12 sci)
Research air force (0 sci)
Disband Rifle
Disband Rifle
Build movies w Urban Growth (21r)
Build air force (14r)
Finish Internet (0r)

Hey you never said to keep your army together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.