Christopher Pisz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
my overlord is arguing that explosive runes applies when pulling the lever. I argue that the car would read "when a door opens" rather than "when you open a door"

third party opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey there. The explosive runes card reads "Play this card after a hero opens a door or searches." So the triggering condition to this card is the "Open door" action and the "Search" action that heroes can perform.

In the Siege of Skytower, pulling a lever is a "Special" action. The effect of this action is that one door will close, and another will open if it was previously closed. This is a quest specific mechanic that causes doors to open/close, but it is only an effect caused by pulling levers.

In this case, I would rule that the triggering condition is not met and therefore the Overlord can't use the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody_Stay_Calm wrote:
Hey there. The explosive runes card reads "Play this card after a hero opens a door or searches." So the triggering condition to this card is the "Open door" action and the "Search" action that heroes can perform.

In the Siege of Skytower, pulling a lever is a "Special" action. The effect of this action is that one door will close, and another will open if it was previously closed. This is a quest specific mechanic that causes doors to open/close, but it is only an effect caused by pulling levers.

In this case, I would rule that the triggering condition is not met and therefore the Overlord can't use the card.

Agree 100%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.