United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently received a kickstarter that was broken up/distributed very differently than indicated in their campaign. As a result, many entries I had gotten approved for BGG are now no-longer valid. I want to ask the admins to merge a bunch of these entries all into one of them. What's the best way to do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
TrainwreckX wrote:
Recently received a kickstarter that was broken up/distributed very differently than indicated in their campaign. As a result, many entries I had gotten approved for BGG are now no-longer valid. I want to ask the admins to merge a bunch of these entries all into one of them. What's the best way to do that?

Through the corrections link on one of the entries (called "edit" in the new game page interface; the one in the top right of the header). You don't have to correct any fields, but describe the situation in the "Note to admin" field, including links (full URLs) to the other entries, as well as links to any documentation you have to make it easier for the admins to verify that your suggested action is the right one. (Original Kickstarter description, any posts describing the current distribution, any photos of the actual distributed items, etc).

If you can split it up per "merge" action/cluster, that'd probably be preferable (so if items A, B and C should become "X", and D and half of E should become "Y", and the other half of E plus F should become "Z", then do one submission through item A where you link to B and C, and do a second submission for item D where you link to E and F).

If there's any entries being "split" (like my E above), and there's already content on the game pages for those entries (photos, forum threads, videos, web links, etc), then it could also be helpful if you with deep knowledge on the subject can indicate which of the new entries that content should be moved to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. In this case there is an item A which is already in the database. B-Z are all separate entries, but came as one retail package within A. So A should stay, and all the other letters should simply cease to exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.