Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pondering after playing Thunder and Lightning. Does Loki/Thor be able to last for more than 1 turn because often opponent would most likely have Raven in their hands to immediately remove these Asgardians from the board?

When it is a good time to use Loki/Thor to take advantage of 4 Actions? Do you think most likely is to help build the board state bu playing more cards into your columns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
brighknight_216 wrote:
I was pondering after playing Thunder and Lightning. Does Loki/Thor be able to last for more than 1 turn because often opponent would most likely have Raven in their hands to immediately remove these Asgardians from the board?

When it is a good time to use Loki/Thor to take advantage of 4 Actions? Do you think most likely is to help build the board state bu playing more cards into your columns.

Use them later in the game when your opponent has used up most of their Ravens.

Alternatively, don't use Loki/Thor. They will make you burn through your deck faster and that's not necessarily good.

If you have them early on, I would keep them in my hand until I feel like I'm going to lose because I'm stuck with one row of cards (1 action) and I feel the noose tightening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

Use them later in the game when your opponent has used up most of their Ravens.

Alternatively, don't use Loki/Thor. They will make you burn through your deck faster and that's not necessarily good.

If you have them early on, I would keep them in my hand until I feel like I'm going to lose because I'm stuck with one row of cards (1 action) and I feel the noose tightening.

Agreed. Seems like they usually last a round or two.

But don't forget, you can also get them back from your discard pile sometimes and use them again. Depends on your: hand, strategy, opponents set-up, etc.

Usually it seems like it gives me some breathing room, but I never plan on it lasting for long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think it is a good idea to use Loki/Thor to put Odin's Ring/Crown to the back of a column (perhaps after we know Nightmare has been discarded)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Jeffers
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Do you think it is a good idea to use Loki/Thor to put Odin's Ring/Crown to the back of a column (perhaps after we know Nightmare has been discarded)?

Can you clarify this question? Why would you need Loki or Thor to put the ring or crown in the back of the column?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought if you have the ring in your hand and is being threatened by constant 'sniping' of the opponent Raven, we could put use the 4 actions provided to put the ring down on the board and then push it to the far end or at least the 3 row of a column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.