Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Fun dungeon hack'n'slash rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Southworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was apprehensive about backing this on KS back at the time and i wish i now. After waiting a long time for it to become available i finally got my hands on a retail copy. I've played 2 games so far and have loved it.

The reason i didn't back it was because it looked overly simple. I've played Descent, Temple of Elemental Evil and Sword & Sorcery in the dungeon crawl genre and i can safely say MD is my fave of the bunch with Descent way way back in last place.

MD is in no way mindless like my first impressions led me to believe. The main draw is the feeling of progression as you play. You level up as you go and find legitimately useful loot. I end up with the King's Crown set and we were carving our way through the mobs.

Now i find myself in a position where i've missed out on some exclusive content and paying over the odds for the expansions at retail.

Im not sure if it's just in-experience on our part but i think the playtime on the back of the box is a little under-estimated. Our tutorial 2 player game took 90 minutes and the Quest 1 took 2 and half hours. Not a criticism, just an observation. We are also guilty of forgetting the counter-attack rule occasionally.

What rules issues we've had we've been able to find answers to on these forums so all in all we're more than happy with the title and it's made both of our top 10's of 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gets quicker once you understand how it plays. My first couple runs of the tutorial took awhile and then we were able to jump thru quickly. Lots of people disliked it so you may be able to find content at a reasonable rate on ebay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Southworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions ordered in the Magic Madhouse christmas sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.