Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 2s has arrived in the UK and should be clearing customs next week to go to the distribution hub. There it will be unloaded and sent out to each individual UK backer! Assuming all goes smoothly, UK backers should be receiving their massive Wave 2 boxes within the next two weeks.
Happy Holidays and Happy Gaming! -Jason

Black and Gold Pledges

For Black and Gold Pledge Level Backers, a portion of their order is from the Original Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter material. This ends up filling two huge boxes per order and is a lot of Old West goodness! Australian and Canadian Gold and Black Pledges shipped out in September. Japan Black and Gold pledges shipped earlier this month. UK Gold and Black Pledges have arrived in port in the UK and should be sent out in a week or so. US and ROW Black and Gold Pledges have been going out steadily over the last couple weeks. EU Black and Gold Pledges should ship within the next couple of months.

Update on Estimated Delivery

Mold production in China for the plastic figures has taken much longer than anticipated. So, the process has fallen behind schedule. We have increased communication with the factory and are stressing the importance of meeting deadlines, but we also need to be sure that the quality is maintained. At this point, it is clear that shipping for the Forbidden Fortress KS will be delayed, missing the original estimated March 2018 timeframe we have been working towards.

The new estimated shipping window for all Pledge Levels of the Forbidden Fortress KS is Summer 2018.

(As noted in the KS Campaign page, this shipping estimate DOES NOT include extra Add-Ons purchased in the Pledge Manager, as they will be packed and shipped after the main Pledge Level packages have been sent out).

It would be very easy to jump to the conclusion that this delay will stretch into a much longer delay, but there is no need for such assumptions. We have been working diligently on development ever since the Kickstarter ended last year at this time. With this second Kickstarter, we have made great strides to streamline the production, packing, and shipping. It has some different challenges, like timing out manufacturing across multiple factories doing different parts that must come together at the same time for packing. But, it is already resulting in a better pipeline.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any info on how long the late pledge for FoFo will be open?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Is there any info on how long the late pledge for FoFo will be open?

Well it’s still open, and I presume so for a few more months as FOFO has been pushed back to the summer. I suppose the final date will be when they start requesting final pledges three months before delivery.

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/forbidden-for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, but just maybe, finish the damn delivery to the original backers who brought this product line to life at all.

Damn, this company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Wave 2 for European backers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:

Still packing, this status will continue until the container leaves the door in a few months. FFP will make an announcement on KS when this happens, so don’t worry about it until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Farydia wrote:

Still packing, this status will continue until the container leaves the door in a few months. FFP will make an announcement on KS when this happens, so don’t worry about it until then.

Uh-huh. So, to get it straigt: I have waited four years and thus it hardly matters that almost everyone on the second Kickstarter will get the stuff from the first Kickstarter almost a year before I get more than the core boxes. Guys, this doesn't feel right to me...
At least, it looks like I'll get FoFo in between. Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get Wave 2 by Spring, and FOFO in the Summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Farydia wrote:
Philip Jelley wrote:
Farydia wrote:

Uh-huh. So, to get it straigt: I have waited four years and thus it hardly matters that almost everyone on the second Kickstarter will get the stuff from the first Kickstarter almost a year before I get more than the core boxes. Guys, this doesn't feel right to me...
At least, it looks like I'll get FoFo in between. Maybe.

It's not QUITE like that, though FFP did screw it up by not putting all freighted shipping (ie, going by slow boat) as their first priority. As an AU backer, I fully understand your position, as we had them screw around with the AU freighting in Wave 1.

Most of the unfreighted FoFo orders only started going out very recently, in the last couple of weeks). They freighted FoFo orders with the AU and CAN shipments (as well as with the on it's way UK and the waiting EU), but that was purely a cost-saving measure, and as a backer who has to pay actual shipping on that, I appreciate that.

So, assuming they've packed the EU shipment, and it's either awaiting pickup (IIRC it was a week or two for the freight company to pick up the completed UK shipment, and at this time of year I wouldn't expect them to be any more punctual), or on it's way, as Philip said, it should be early Spring that you get yours.

So while you're entitled to be unhappy, it's probably closer to 3-4 months than a year (and even then, August was when CAN freighters got theirs), and that's mostly due to the extended time that freighting takes, especially for a company that doesn't appear to do it very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for my disgruntled post, but "going on until container leaves in a few months" didn't (and still doesn't) sound like spring to me. I guess, I'll find out some time this year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
Sorry for my disgruntled post, but "going on until container leaves in a few months" didn't (and still doesn't) sound like spring to me. I guess, I'll find out some time this year...

Spring means by 20 June 2018, only six months to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petter Mordt
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rate FFP is handling the original kickstarter, there is no way that EU are gonna get theirs this spring. They spend like 6+ months handling UK alone. In my opinion, we should be "happy" if we get it this year at all.

And btw, this is now beyond ridiculous. I pledged for shadows of brimstone minecraft i 2013. That's 5 years ago! I dont care how much "stuff" we get, bla bla. ITS BEEN 5 YEARS! I dont care about the game anymore. I mean, I have gotten two kids since then. I would never ever back anything, regardless of amount of stuff you get, if I knew it would take 5 years to deliver. Period.

Sorry for the rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.