United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black and Gold Pledges

For Black and Gold Pledge Level Backers, a portion of their order is from the Original Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter material. This ends up filling two huge boxes per order and is a lot of Old West goodness! Australian and Canadian Gold and Black Pledges shipped out in September. Japan Black and Gold pledges shipped earlier this month. UK Gold and Black Pledges have arrived in port in the UK and should be sent out in a week or so. US and ROW Black and Gold Pledges have been going out steadily over the last couple weeks. EU Black and Gold Pledges should ship within the next couple of months.

Update on Estimated Delivery

Mold production in China for the plastic figures has taken much longer than anticipated. So, the process has fallen behind schedule. We have increased communication with the factory and are stressing the importance of meeting deadlines, but we also need to be sure that the quality is maintained. At this point, it is clear that shipping for the Forbidden Fortress KS will be delayed, missing the original estimated March 2018 timeframe we have been working towards.

The new estimated shipping window for all Pledge Levels of the Forbidden Fortress KS is Summer 2018.

(As noted in the KS Campaign page, this shipping estimate DOES NOT include extra Add-Ons purchased in the Pledge Manager, as they will be packed and shipped after the main Pledge Level packages have been sent out).

It would be very easy to jump to the conclusion that this delay will stretch into a much longer delay, but there is no need for such assumptions. We have been working diligently on development ever since the Kickstarter ended last year at this time. With this second Kickstarter, we have made great strides to streamline the production, packing, and shipping. It has some different challenges, like timing out manufacturing across multiple factories doing different parts that must come together at the same time for packing. But, it is already resulting in a better pipeline.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:

The new estimated shipping window for all Pledge Levels of the Forbidden Fortress KS is Summer 2018.

Shocked! I'm shocked! (said nobody)

Quote:

It would be very easy to jump to the conclusion that this delay will stretch into a much longer delay,

Yes, it would.

Quote:
but there is no need for such assumptions.

We'll see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look around, you can see I was doubtful of the March 2018 delivery.

But being late is not inherently a bad thing!

People could go, figure out how many sculpts they show now versus how many they showed during the campaign, calculate how long it took for them to show us, and then start calculating how much time it'll take to finish the last sculpts (roughly), and start production (roughly), and do shipping.

Like I said before, I'd expect March 2019 before considering a project of this size and scale late.

"But they said-"

And you're mad for believing them when all signs during the project said otherwise. Seriously, if this is your first Kickstarter consider the lesson learned: expect every project to be late, ones with lots of free mini stretch goals to be extra late, and you'll be happier.

Here's the good news, and it -is- good: they're clearly using the time to maintain and improve quality, and they're showing it to us. Yes, it's once every three months (boo hiss!), but it's there. They're not just rushing garbage out the door for the sake of meeting a deadline, and in the long run that's what matters.

The only bad news in all this is that seasonal updates seem to be the SOP for the project now that the KS is over and they have our money. And that -is- bad.

(also, if you're new to KS, expect the PM to add two or three months to the process at this point. Not a complaint, just a lowering of expectations. The upside is they hinted there'd be new goodies in the PM, and if SOB is any indication you can get some good deals I'd wager.
So hopefully expectations are raised back up.)

tl;dr - It could be a lot, lot worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:

We'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:

We'll see...

Well, do you think they won't deliver? Do you think the game is going to be worse than SoB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:

We'll see...

Well, do you think they won't deliver?

Eventually. Not holding my breath, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm concerned, this game does not exist until it I see it on my front porch. At that time, it will be a pleasant surprise. Whenever that might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I basically late pledged for a late Kickstarter...
I hope they better the miniature quality cause the first two core boxes have awful miniatures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.