Conan» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Conan strategy- overlord rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yogert Lord
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be in the overlords best interest to wound Heroes as much as possible instead of killing them outright. Effectively making them useless, but at the same time preventing the other heroes from getting the bonus gem return when their allies die.
When you play as the overlord do you have to kill the most wounded heroes first, and if not, what is a good counter to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Mauric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think timing and scenario choice are important factors. Sometimes it's good to wound a Hero but leave him alive, other times it's best to kill the Hero. A good example of this is Shevatas. Even if he is severely wounded he can still use his evasive with his 3 movmemt points to escape off the board with an objective. A Hero with just a few gems and Ambidextrous can still hit hard. And it bolsters the Heroes confidence knowing that the Overlord won't kill them making them more likely to spend all the gems they have left on Attacks or going after the objective, instead of saving some for Guard actions.

So my thought... it depends on Timing, Scenario Choice and also the current situation in the game. I realize that's not an entirely helpful answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yogert Lord
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some really great points! While playing the Overlord the group I was fighting against got pretty upset when I woundn't finish off a deathly wounded Hadrathus. It finally got to the point he exploded himself in an attempt to help out his teammates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.