Subject: Very hyped, got some variant questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Myth! Been looking for a long time and even gave up for a time.

My question now is:

I also got a copy of Massive Darkness (retail) and, I don't know where, but I have read somewhere that somebody did some kind of crossover/variant that uses the massive darkness miniatures. Is this true? And if so, where to find it?

Also, are there more variants using miniatures from other games? (Igot a lot of miniatures so would really like to use them in the Myth system)

Thanks, and happy holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Headbangert wrote:
So I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Myth! Been looking for a long time and even gave up for a time.

My question now is:

I also got a copy of Massive Darkness (retail) and, I don't know where, but I have read somewhere that somebody did some kind of crossover/variant that uses the massive darkness miniatures. Is this true? And if so, where to find it?

Also, are there more variants using miniatures from other games? (Igot a lot of miniatures so would really like to use them in the Myth system)

Thanks, and happy holidays!

The kickstarter had crossover cards to Zombicide Black Plague and the reverse. Not all characters but the main ones and some additional ones. Someone posted their ideas for more ZBP minis to MD too. Only ones I have heard of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a thread here somewhere discussing minitures and possible uses in Myth, such as proxy figures for things, and also for some that people had designed. MD figures probably got a mention but as far as I recall nothing really came of it other than maybe one or two of the larger monsters from MD getting stat cards invented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shame, the miniatures in MD are very cool but now that Myth is on its way I guess they will see little tabletime

May be I will have to make rules for them myself once I understand Myth fully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Headbangert wrote:
Shame, the miniatures in MD are very cool but now that Myth is on its way I guess they will see little tabletime

May be I will have to make rules for them myself once I understand Myth fully.

There’s a great community here as well as awesome resources. You’ll find monster card templates in the files section that you can use to make your own cards. Welcome to the jungle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1602118/mini-boss-cross...

I've created some mini-bosses and plan on doing a few more for the next release of MYTH: Dungeons. Tim has woven the Weretiger into the story and he will make an appearance (probably as an agent).

Edit: You may also like to have a look at the MYTH: Bones Compendium:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/221721/myth-bones-com...

It has several more monster cards for Reaper minis!

In general: I suggest going through the file section. A lot of the content there offers additional monster or monster variants.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Zundert
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nimmzwei wrote:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1602118/mini-boss-cross...

I've created some mini-bosses and plan on doing a few more for the next release of MYTH: Dungeons. Tim has woven the Weretiger into the story and he will make an appearance (probably as an agent).

Edit: You may also like to have a look at the MYTH: Bones Compendium:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/221721/myth-bones-com...

It has several more monster cards for Reaper minis!

In general: I suggest going through the file section. A lot of the content there offers additional monster or monster variants.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Have a read through the variants forum too. There are all sorts of interesting things there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.