Kostas Mavraganis
msg tools
mb
Hi there- We played Abyss for the first time yesterday and we loved it! However, I've got a small question regarding the semi permanent abilities and the location taking.

I had a Master of Magic, who allows me to choose which ally to affiliate (not the weakest one). The question that arose was: When I recruited a third lord with a key, therefore claiming a location,

a) do I manage to use the Master of Magic's ability one last time, just before I put him on a location, or

b) he gets immediately put into a location, before I use his ability to choose the ally to affiliate?

I guess this is a general question regarding the timing of the semi-permanent abilities when the lords are put on locations. It's not a "game-breaking" thing, but it had us wondering a bit (if there is a clarification in the rules, I did not see it).

Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you still can use the power of the master of magic. Because you would first take a lord and affiliate the ally's you used. If then it provides 3 key's then you choose an location and put it over the lords you used they key's from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seconding what they said. You affiliate before you take a land, so you get to use his abilite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Mavraganis
msg tools
mb
Fair enough- thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno once answered a question here on BGG regarding lords with keys and powers that was something like this:

Q: If I acquire a lord with an ability that can be used at any moment during my turn (think Landlord — once per turn, you may gain 1 pearl), and that lord also has the 3rd key required for a location, may I still use his power once before locking him behind the location?

A: Yes. Acquiring lords and using their powers occurs during phase 2 of a player's turn, while using keys and locking lords behind locations occurs only during phase 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.