Betrayal at Baldur's Gate» Forums » General

Subject: Might heavy characters just win most of the time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played about 10 games so far and seems like it's always whoever picks the Barbarian class will end up winning most of the fights if not the game itself.

Seems very unfun cause of this unbalance.

Speed based classes are the worst. they only remotely stand a chance against traitor and npc is if they get the crossbow.. but that's only theorycraft for me cause I never find it during these games so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw someone piece together a warlock over the course of the game that I know I was hoping my Barbarian was not going to be facing as the traitor. Turned out someone else did, the Cleric. It did not go the Cleric's way. Gear and buffs make a ton of difference.

But then, I never sat at a table to play this and expected balance of any sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
But then, I never sat at a table to play this and expected balance of any sort.

Exactly right. This is a game where stuff happens to you, not a game where you have control over what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dacks
msg tools
Our group hasn't found that. I got the game over the holidays (had previously played the Haunted House version before) and played six games with my friends. We found a lot of diversity, and it really depended on the haunt.

In fact, in one haunt, having a very strong might character worked against the group in pretty spectacular fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.