Sanssouci» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advanced board question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paola B
Italy
Brindisi
flag msg tools
I’m confused about the advanced version board. The board shows gardener and garden spaces with bonuses. Can a noble land on one of the bonus garden spaces at any time (like the pre-filled ones on the main board)? Or do I need to put the corresponding garden tile on it before a noble can land there? The green background on the space art would suggest the first but I wanted to check. Same doubt about the gardener bonus space: can a noble pass over this tile to reach a garden tile, or do I need to put a gardener tile on it first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
oldcow wrote:
I’m confused about the advanced version board. The board shows gardener and garden spaces with bonuses. Can a noble land on one of the bonus garden spaces at any time (like the pre-filled ones on the main board)? Or do I need to put the corresponding garden tile on it before a noble can land there?
These spaces need a tile.

oldcow wrote:
The green background on the space art would suggest the first but I wanted to check. Same doubt about the gardener bonus space: can a noble pass over this tile to reach a garden tile, or do I need to put a gardener tile on it first?
The space needs a tile.

Basically the game is exactly the same as the base game, these added spaces give you bonus points (or nothing) depending on whether you put a tile on it showing the gardener, or the garden side. And the ones with the red borders, score negative points for putting any tile on them.

The "green" spaces (on expansion boards only) want garden tiles.
The "gardener pictured" spaces want gardener tiles.
The "red bordered" spaces penalize you for using them.

If you want to move your noble through your garden and land on those spaces or pass through them or you want a row or column bonus, they need a tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paola B
Italy
Brindisi
flag msg tools
Thank you! It makes sense - but using the green background, same as the free garden spaces in the main board, is quite confusing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.