Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Whipp
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there,
can I use a card power on the card itself, even if it means removing the tapped card from the domain?

Example: cards that gain you VPs or gold when you transfer a card of a certain color to the elysium. Do I still get the VP or gold when I transfer that card?
Example 2: can I use any card that grants an extra transfer in whichever phase to transfer the card itself?

Looking forward to your answers :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Danny Whipp wrote:
Hi there,
can I use a card power on the card itself, even if it means removing the tapped card from the domain?

Example: cards that gain you VPs or gold when you transfer a card of a certain color to the elysium. Do I still get the VP or gold when I transfer that card?
Example 2: can I use any card that grants an extra transfer in whichever phase to transfer the card itself?

Looking forward to your answers :-)

In general yes.

But if you want to check precisely for any given card, then look it up in the Card Guide (the extra rule book that came with the game and describes in more detail what each card can or can't do) as this usually tells you whether a card's power applies to itself.

For example, on Father of Gods (1VP for taking or transferring a Zeus card) it says:
Elysium Card Guide wrote:
Permanent - When you take or transfer a Zeus card, receive 1 VP . This power works no matter how you take or transfer that card. You do not receive the VP when you take Father of Gods, but you do receive 1 VP if you transfer it.

And for Cerberus (discard a card to transfer a card) it says:
Elysium Card Guide wrote:
Activate- Discard 1 card from your Domain to transfer another card. You may discard any card, including a Citizen or Cerberus itself. You may use this power to transfer Cerberus itself. This transfer is not free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Whipp
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your detailed answers. Turns out we had it mostly right - I should have checked the card guide, I had forgotten about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.