6 Posts

Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sith Lord
msg tools
mbmb
This is listed as 1-4 players but there's nothing in the rules about solo play.

Do I need this to play solo or can the solo or can it be applied to the base game? And how does solo work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The chapter setup rules have the solo rules on them; it's not specifically mentioned in the rules sheet as it's not relevant on there. The only bit that is actually missing is that for solo, you lay out 2 assistants at the start.

How does it work solo? You have to complete the end-game requirements or you fail the chapter and have to replay it. Other than that, it's the same as how multiplayer works with the events cards driving the number of rounds and bringing out a new random event each round.

You can't play the base game solo using the same rules as it requires the expansion's cards to play solo. There are a few good fan-made solo variants on the base game's forum though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules absolutely cover solo play. You sure you have the right ones? It’s listed at the bottom of page 2, “The Solo Game”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sith Lord
msg tools
mbmb
ok thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I add:

As njShaw2 says, in the solo mode, be sure to place only 2 assistants in the display, and follow the setup instructions on the bottom half of the chapter cards.
That will tell you how to put together the Event deck, and how to select an end game goal card.

The solo game is 10 rounds, instead of just 9 (multiplayer).

OMG plays great as a solo game! That's actually one of the best things it has to offer (a real solo mode, as opposed to just "beat your best score").

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
The rules absolutely cover solo play. You sure you have the right ones? It’s listed at the bottom of page 2, “The Solo Game”.

Note there have been at least two sets of Lonsgdale rules. Mine does not mention Solo Rules, and does not match what I see downloadable online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.