4 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: New player question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teemu Koriseva
Finland
flag msg tools
We were playing with my friend and he dosent moved felloship even once from rivendell or revealed it. He only separate couple of companions and start full out attack to angmar. So i cannot hunt or make corruption or damage to fellowship? Only choice is just fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FP player never advances the Fellowship: What do I do?
Tepsukebsu wrote:
Only choice is just fight?

Yes. Build up your defences. Put 0 eyes in the pool. Maybe even let them take Angmar. It's gonna be a long game.

___

Netiquette tip: In the future, choose a more descriptive title for the thread. Something like "FP player never advances the Fellowship: What do I do?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Corrao
Italy
Caulonia Marina
RC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but as I see it, unless you are the worst player in the world or he is the luckiest at rolling dice, he has doomed himself.

Muster units like there is no tomorrow and unleash them on Middle Earth, crush and kill elves, dwarves and men, spare no one and spread terror with your evil knights while the ring stays hidden in the kingdom of the elves, forgotten by everyone, a journey away from Mount Doom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
You did make sure he brought them to war first, right? He cannot attack you at all, or even enter your territory, without that nation being at war. And if you did not attack him that must mean at least a couple of actions spent on political actions.

Which gives you loads of time to bring your own nations to war and muster. Just build a defence, let his piffling* attacks fail and then counter attack. He will have no units left to muster before long.

Speaking of which - also remember the Free People do not get to reuse their reinforcements. Once they lose a figure, that figure goes back in the box and cannot be mustered again.

*Probably piffling - it's possible to go military as the Free People and succeed, but to do it well right from the start requires particularly favourable circumstances; the right dice results, the right cards, and very good knowledge of the game.

Either way just weather the storm. The Free People cannot maintain a lengthy military effort. They really only get enough reinforcements for 1 wave of attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.