3 Posts

Necromunda: Underhive» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 5: Sneak Attack problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quick question regarding the scenarios in the base game, particularly Scenario 5: Sneak Attack. Does the scenario only end when the attacker has Bottled? I played last night with a friend, and the alarm was risen very early (zero casualties at that point). My opp desecrated the relic early too, but as defender I then got turn after turn to pick him apart until I killed enough of his guys to make his winning impossible. It all seemed very one-sided.

What did we miss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a timer once the attacking gang fails a Bottle Out Test. On the first turn when Bottling the Game ends on a 4+ of a D6. then 3+, then 2+, then 1+; making the game more likely to end.

Defiling looks to score more VPs.

The issue will be that the gang on the home-turf won't ever bottle out. There should be some generic rule about conceding the game early if necessary. This would prevent the punishment, So the attacking gang can escape, once they've scored some VPs, but I can't seem to find any rule like that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Decar wrote:
There is a timer once the attacking gang fails a Bottle Out Test. On the first turn when Bottling the Game ends on a 4+ of a D6. then 3+, then 2+, then 1+; making the game more likely to end.

Defiling looks to score more VPs.

The issue will be that the gang on the home-turf won't ever bottle out. There should be some generic rule about conceding the game early if necessary. This would prevent the punishment, So the attacking gang can escape, once they've scored some VPs, but I can't seem to find any rule like that now.

Yeah, the issue is that there's no way for the attacker to trigger endgame without bottling out, and they only bottle out when some guys are Out, likely netting VPs for the defender. Apparently there's a rule in similar Gang War scenarios called Taking Flight which lets attacker within 1" of board edge remove themselves from the board and count at Out, thus aiding the attacker by depriving the defender of VP opportunity and speeding the Bottle roll fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.