Daniel Trakulhoon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every game I play the end seems to be a 50/50 coin flip whether they will send the person or not. Just wondering if there are any successful rule variants or role combinations that would deter this. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Don't allow it to be a coin flip. You need to figure out who is what and where they are before the final turn, and make sure you have enough people in the room to control what you want to do.

That might mean getting both the president and the bomber in the same room in round 4 and then control whether you send one away or not.

it sounds like you are just letting things up to chance instead of working the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes 50/50 will happen, but that should not be anywhere near to every game having that happen. If it seems that way, players need to step up their game and get information and control faster and sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with all that is already been stated. If games still feel too 50/50 or stale, I recommend adding in more gray roles than blue/red. That was a huge difference maker for our group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would've thought 50/50 is good, but perhaps not for a social deduction game blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Talonz wrote:
Sometimes 50/50 will happen, but that should not be anywhere near to every game having that happen. If it seems that way, players need to step up their game and get information and control faster and sooner.
That's difficult to do with wishy washy people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brudz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Try a game with the president and bomber as the only blue/red roles and all the rest of the roles being opposed greys (i.e. Ahab/Mobey, wife/mistress, etc). The president and bomber will have to do a lot of politicking to influence the outcome rather than relying on their minions to do all the work for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.