Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi,
We've played this game so often that our French version was literally trashed, so I bought a new one, this time in English.

There is one different rule between the 2 versions.

The power of Dagon, in French, is to prevent any item from being placed in free slots, and to remove any that are currently there. In English, the text only says not to place items on free slots, not to remove the ones that are already there.

Since the original game is the German version, what does it say?

Thanks,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The German text says the same thing as in the English rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way English version has wrong Shub GOO effect, wrong Deep One losses, some minor text errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
By the way English version has wrong Shub GOO effect, wrong Deep One losses, some minor text errors.

IMHO, the Shub Niggurath effect and the 'Deep One' penalty in "Mayfair" edition are improvements - otherwise Shub Niggurath was (too) weak but the 'Deep One' penalty now corresponds with penalties of Cultist, Soul Devourer, and Shoggote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baltaistehws wrote:
Daimond wrote:

IMHO, the Shub Niggurath effect and the 'Deep One' penalty in "Mayfair" edition are improvements - otherwise Shub Niggurath was (too) weak but the 'Deep One' penalty now corresponds with penalties of Cultist, Soul Devourer, and Shoggote.
I am apprentice that everyone plays the way which is most fun for them, but I am must notice that this changes comes from localisation team and have zero relationships with original designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

Very interesting. I had seen another difference between the French version and the English (Shub-N advances the necron track by two).

It's funny that in French, one of the locations reads "Craven's Mannor" while the English reads "The Witch House". I understand that Craven is the Witch, but Lovecraft also wrote a novel titled "Dreams in the Witch House".

In any case, thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.