Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the Sky Islands board be used in a two-player game?

Looking at the number of regions for the other player counts, it looks like you would have to reduce the two-player board by 6 regions (take out two mountains, and one each from the others), leaving you with 14 regions.

I guess you could use the setup rules from Tunnels and use only the left half of the main board? But then you're only left with 9 regions, which is not enough in this case, I think.

Instead, I was thinking of using the Chasm pieces from Realms to cover up the relevant regions; with the caveat that you cannot have two chasms next to each other

This also adds the benefit of being able to use Spiderines and Flames, my favorite Underground races, in the regular game.

I haven't had the chance to try this yet, but what do you think. Would this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Oughton
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
My plan, as I mentioned in a post not long after this was announced, is to use the 1/2-board setup like Tunnels which you mentioned. I haven't tried it yet (this isn't available near me yet), but even if it is too small, I figure it's supposed to be too small. That's the whole concept of SW! But I am intrigued by your other proposal, let me know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mesina
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.