Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
250 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Niagara Boardgaming Weekend NBW ... Whose coming? What are you bringing? What do you want to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
It's now just a few weeks until the NBW convention (Niagara Boardgaming Weekend) happens in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It happens over the four days of January 18–21. So now is a great time to ask three questions ... who is going? What are you bringing? And, finally, what do you want to play (that you're not bringing)? I'll start ...

Hey, yeah, I'll be there for my third time! Hopefully not getting a case of food poisoning this year.

I'm bringing (to play and/or teach) the following new and old games: Combat Commander: Europe, Troyes, Rajas of the Ganges, Transatlantic, Tigris & Euphrates, Tikal, Modern Art, Battles of the Bulge: Celles, and Import / Export. Plus some smaller filler stuff. Please let me know if you want to play any of these.

I'd love to try/learn Heaven & Ale or Azul (if anyone has them yet), Roll Player, Sagrada, Tiny Epic Galaxies, or any of the newest (late 2017) Euros. If you have these, let me know and I'd be up for scheduling a game.

See everyone there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Titran
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there! I've only missed a few of these since 2004, so this will be, I dunno, my 10th or 12th time? It's always enjoyable.

I've got a few things planned already. Sealords: The Vietnam War in the Mekong Delta on Thursday, the Seven Days scenario from On to Richmond! and then Storm Over Dien Bien Phu on Saturday, and Battlelines: The Stalingrad Campaign on Sunday. Nothing planned for Friday, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Pewtress
Canada
Guelph
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attended too many to count...

Bringing Pendragon (assuming it gets here), OSG Library of Napoleonic Battles (Coming Storm or Last Success), Nations at War & Tactical from L’n’L and Combat Commander for sure...

Would like to play any Columbia stuff... just played Caesar and Hammer games for the first time...

Clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven C
Canada
Stouffville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey David,

I have Azul and I can teach it to ya. I played Clans of Caledonia and Transatlantic with you last Tabscon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys!

Where is this held? Is there a link somewhere to some info? Sounds great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.niagaraboardgaming.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This’ll be six for my wife and I. Some notables we’ll be bringing: anachrony, roll player, cosmic encounter, meeple circus, scythe with everything, mechs vs minions, sagrada, and much more. We’ll be there all four days, so scheduling should be easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
aungmyo wrote:
I have Azul and I can teach it to ya.

Fantastic. I'm there all four days and will be at the Escape Room on Wednesday night as well. Pick a day/time and I'll consider that booked.

Duckster wrote:
... roll player ... sagrada ...

Hey Jared, I'd love to get into these two with you guys. Maybe right off the bat Thursday? Pick a day/time and I'll consider that booked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time attending, signed up for all 4 days. Booked into the Breakout Normandy tourney. Bringing Quartermaster General, Pacific Typhoon, Wings for the Baron, Dead of Winter, plus others not sure yet. Would like to try Run Fight or Die, Dragonfire, Terraforming Mars , Twilight Imperium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Hey Jared, I'd love to get into these two with you guys. Maybe right off the bat Thursday? Pick a day/time and I'll consider that booked.

Sure, that sounds like a plan. We generally get to the con at 9:30 Thursday and Friday, so how about then, or shortly after? We can knock both out at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duckster wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

Sure, that sounds like a plan. We generally get to the con at 9:30 Thursday and Friday, so how about then, or shortly after? We can knock both out at once.

Thursday morning's the one, then. See you then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

I'm bringing (to play and/or teach) the following new and old games: Combat Commander: Europe, Troyes, Rajas of the Ganges, Transatlantic, Tigris & Euphrates, Tikal, Modern Art, Battles of the Bulge: Celles, and Import / Export. Plus some smaller filler stuff. Please let me know if you want to play any of these.

See everyone there!

I'd love try rajas.

I'll bring any requests from my collection people want to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started a trade geeklist. Please reserve sales for the bring-n-buy.

Trade Geeklist NBW 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
retrowiz wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

See everyone there!

I'd love try rajas.

I'll bring any requests from my collection people want to try.

Let me know a good time and day. I'll be available by mid-afternoon Thursday and am there all four days (and Wednesday evening gaming at the Escape Room).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven C
Canada
Stouffville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Azul's super quick and easy...it'll only take about 30mins. Are there any other games you'd like for me to teach? Feel free to take a look at my collection and see if there's any thing you'd like for me to bring and teach and we can set up a time?

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aungmyo wrote:
Azul's super quick and easy...it'll only take about 30mins. Are there any other games you'd like for me to teach? Feel free to take a look at my collection and see if there's any thing you'd like for me to bring and teach and we can set up a time?

Steve

Rialto? I've played only once and would be willing to have another game. Friday morning, or if you're there, Wednesday night at Escape Room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven C
Canada
Stouffville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey Dave,

Sure, I'll bring Rialto. Friday morning sounds good! I'm coming in from GTA so I should be in around 9:30ish.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aungmyo wrote:

Steve

Hi Steve, 51st state looks interesting. Any chance you could bring that?
I will be around all 4 days.

Greig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven C
Canada
Stouffville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey Greg,

Sure np! I will bring 51st state. That however is in my wall of shame so I don't know how to play it but I'll certainly bring it for other to try that know the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
From the games listed, I would like to try Azul and Rajas

I'm probably bringing El Dorado, Paper Tales, Matterhorn, Inis or Kemet, Grand Hotel Austria, Guardians of Atlantis, Capital Lux, Port Royal, Okey Dokey, ...

I'm here from Friday to Sunday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:

For Rajas, let's try to coordinate you into the same games as Mark. Let me know a good time and day. I'll be available by mid-afternoon Thursday and am there all four days (and Wednesday evening gaming at the Escape Room).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
johncraven wrote:

For Rajas, let's try to coordinate you into the same games as Mark. Let me know a good time and day. I'll be available by mid-afternoon Thursday and am there all four days (and Wednesday evening gaming at the Escape Room).

ok, I'll be there starting friday afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven C
Canada
Stouffville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Friday Morning Azul with Dave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
johncraven wrote:

I wont be there till friday afternoon..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there! Definitely from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, but hoping to arrive on Thursday if I can arrange for the time off work!

Bringing:
- Whistle Stop
- A Column of Fire
- Ex Libris
- Terraforming Mars with Hellas & Elysium

Happy to teach:
- 51st State if Steven brings his copy

From the games mentioned so far, I'd love to learn:
- Roll Player
- Meeple Circus

Happy to play:
- Rajas of the Ganges (played once and looking to try it again)
- Sagrada (love this game!)
- Azul (enjoyed my few plays)
- Grand Austria Hotel

Would also love to learn/play if available:
- Altiplano
- Photosynthesis
- Favelas
- Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game

Of course, this is all subject to change since I have a few weeks of great gaming to look forward to between now and then!

As in other years, I've created a google sheet to summarize this discussion and the games we'll have there. I find this list helpful when packing to see what games are already committed to being there, and for reference when we're there if I'm trying to remember who was bringing or interested in a particular game.

Thanks DaveyJJ for creating this thread!

And thanks to Jared for starting the trade list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.