Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
The blockade stops hyperlift travel to the cargo bay, but does it stop you from moving to the last hyperlift space normally (By using boots)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyperlift spaces are not considered adjacent, you can't walk between them.

You can step onto the last hyperlift space from the cargo bay if you wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it only blocks travel via that last segment of the hyperlift and doesn’t prevent you moving onto the space by other means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gaudium wrote:
Believe it only blocks travel via that last segment of the hyperlift and doesn’t prevent you moving onto the space by other means.

Furthermore...
You can “walk” onto or across *any* hyper lift space, just as you can during the early game. They are all adjacent to other spaces by normal paths. You just can’t zip along any of the dotted hyperlift pathways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, blockade or no blockade, hyperlift spaces are not adjacent and you can never use boots or teleportation to travel between them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
To be clear, blockade or no blockade, hyperlift spaces are not adjacent and you can never use boots or teleportation to travel between them.

That is not what the rules say:
Quote:
You can use Boots to move through a Hyperlift or Telepad space without using the Hyperlift or Telepad itself.

The only question I have is that the forst Hyperlift space only has the dotted line between it and the next Hyperlift space so I wonder if you must use the Hyperlift to advance that one space. All of the other Hyperlift spaces have regular movement lines connecting them to other spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not as clear as it could be, but what the rule book is trying to say is that you can move through Hyperlift spaces as if they were regular rooms - i.e. you can move into one and out of it again to another connected room. But you can’t just walk between Hyperlift spaces - these are not connected by the lines you’d see connecting regular rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
It’s not as clear as it could be, but what the rule book is trying to say is that you can move through Hyperlift spaces as if they were regular rooms - i.e. you can move into one and out of it again to another connected room. But you can’t just walk between Hyperlift spaces - these are not connected by the lines you’d see connecting regular rooms.

Right, it kind of answers this when they state that you can't teleport between Hyperlift spaces with a card ability. So I guess your saying the first two telepad spaces are not connected and thus boots can't be used to travel between them. Makes sense once I reread what you said. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.