Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Via Nebula» Forums » General

Subject: Is it the board not fit the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franky Tomato
msg tools


surprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FHim wrote:


surprise


Mine fits very snuggly, presumably to seal all the components in their slots. But it does fit. Have you tried rotating it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franky Tomato
msg tools
sneakypete21 wrote:
FHim wrote:


surprise


Mine fits very snuggly, presumably to seal all the components in their slots. But it does fit. Have you tried rotating it?

Yes

Also, if i put the cards on the slots,the board will be pressing themsoblue
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's what I did with mine (sorry I dont have pictures but you'll just have to trust me on this one):

Take a pair of scissors and cut the corners of the insert. This gives the insert a little bit more flexibility when you place the board in.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FHim wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:
FHim wrote:


surprise


Mine fits very snuggly, presumably to seal all the components in their slots. But it does fit. Have you tried rotating it?

Yes

Also, if i put the cards on the slots,the board will be pressing themsoblue




This is what mine looks like. The board doesn't harm the cards and I never had to do anything drastic like trim the insert.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franky Tomato
msg tools
sneakypete21 wrote:
FHim wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:
FHim wrote:


surprise


Mine fits very snuggly, presumably to seal all the components in their slots. But it does fit. Have you tried rotating it?

Yes

Also, if i put the cards on the slots,the board will be pressing themsoblue




This is what mine looks like. The board doesn't harm the cards and I never had to do anything drastic like trim the insert.


So I need to incline the card?

However, I cannot do that as I have sleeved~
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franky Tomato
msg tools
Peteros wrote:
Here's what I did with mine (sorry I dont have pictures but you'll just have to trust me on this one):

Take a pair of scissors and cut the corners of the insert. This gives the insert a little bit more flexibility when you place the board in.

I also consider whether to do this, thxsoblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine fits fine, have you tried it without the sleeved cards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franky Tomato
msg tools
alluvian wrote:
Mine fits fine, have you tried it without the sleeved cards?

Not yet, But I must sleeve them blush
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rush
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game a couple weeks ago and noticed the tight fit also.

At first I thought that was a mistake, but I think it might be intentional, as away to make sure that all the components stay in their slots even even if the game is tilted, e.g., to put it in a carrying bag sideways, or if it is accidentally dropped.

I use baggies for almost all my games, even if that means I have to toss the inserts, to prevent big messes if the game is tipped. Thus, I was very sad to think that I would have to toss this incredibly creative and attractive insert. I was then glad to see that the board works as a very firm seal.

One drawback is that the board can get damaged by repeatedly putting it in and taking it out with such a tight squeeze. However, if I do so *very slowly* there is very little stress on the board, little enough that it would take 100 times to affect it noticeably.

A second drawback is that the cards must be tilted to fit in their slot, and that means that they won't fit if sleeved. However (I haven't checked), there might be room to lay sleeved cards flat below the bag of meadow tiles. If that just misses, then put a few meadow tiles in the card slot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Richards
United Kingdom
MANCHESTER
flag msg tools
mb
It's not so much the board not fitting in the box as it not fitting in the insert. So...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Matthew
msg tools
bprush wrote:
... I use baggies for almost all my games ... there might be room to lay sleeved cards flat below the bag of meadow tiles.

This. Note that the private contract cards could fit in the baggie as well.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bprush wrote:
One drawback is that the board can get damaged by repeatedly putting it in and taking it out with such a tight squeeze. However, if I do so *very slowly* there is very little stress on the board, little enough that it would take 100 times to affect it noticeably.
I finally took this off my Shelf of Shame for the first time a few days ago. Imagine my surprise: my board helpfully came pre-damaged due to the insert, so it fits tight, but ok. And no worries about damaging the board, since that's already happened.

It is slightly irritating to get a brand new, damaged board. But as it doesn't affect game play in the slightest (you can't even see the damage when the board is open), I'll live with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.