4 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dwarves shield rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Vine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The Dwarven shield allows two handed weapons to be classed as one handed weapons.But for the Dwarven shield enchantment to work I assume it must be held in a hand slot.So am I right in thinking that you can only hold one two handed weapon and in the other hand the Dwarven shield?This does not seem to be much of an advantage.Am I thinking correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would say so. The advantage consists on the fact that you can add the shield defensive effects to the 2-handed weapon regular ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin of barnoldby wrote:
So am I right in thinking that you can only hold one two handed weapon and in the other hand the Dwarven shield?This does not seem to be much of an advantage.Am I thinking correctly?

How is having extra defense dice not a big advantage? With the Dwarven Shield you get an extra 1B or 1G defense over what you would normally have when using a two handed weapon. Or, you can look at it as having a few more attack dice than you normally would if you were using a one handed weapon and a shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Vine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes that makes sense.Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.