Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Romulan Cultural Superiority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
taylor hensley
msg tools
This trait says:

"Take 1 Culture when you complete an Advancement picturing a Culture Token"

Does this mean you get 1 Culture Token from the card and then an additional 1 Culture Token from this trait? I had assumed that if another faction gets one of your Advancement cards with a culture token they get 1 Culture Token when they complete that Advancement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Release the Report
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyh wrote:
This trait says:

"Take 1 Culture when you complete an Advancement picturing a Culture Token"

Does this mean you get 1 Culture Token from the card and then an additional 1 Culture Token from this trait? I had assumed that if another faction gets one of your Advancement cards with a culture token they get 1 Culture Token when they complete that Advancement.

You get one culture when you complete the advancement. If another faction completes one of the advancements they do not get any culture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the romulans have the rule to take a culture when they complete an advancement with a pictured culture icon, they only get 1 culture for each such advancement they complete.

Factions who do not have this rule cannot get the culture token at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been officially clarified. Check out all official answers here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157131/official-answers-u...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup only the Romulans.

The way I see it this makes the Romulans the Research race similar to other 4x games like the Universities of Jol-Nar or the Pink Aliens in Eclipse. This way when they go heavy into research they don't fall too far behind in culture production where other civs might be building up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.