Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...because now that I have it, I can't imagine playing FPFR without it. The Fire Deck and Event Deck are simultaneously so much easier to use and understand and so much more interesting and thematic. I've thrown my hot spot tokens into my "spare parts" box for good.

Hopefully IB&C agrees and makes this available for the mass market. Or, even better, makes it part of the next edition's core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can’t wait to try it. I think it’ll live up to the hype with my group.

I really wish there was a better Structural Engineer, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
pkitty wrote:
...because now that I have it, I can't imagine playing FPFR without it. The Fire Deck and Event Deck are simultaneously so much easier to use and understand and so much more interesting and thematic. I've thrown my hot spot tokens into my "spare parts" box for good.

Hopefully IB&C agrees and makes this available for the mass market. Or, even better, makes it part of the next edition's core game.

Completely agree with this - the cards make it much more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkitty wrote:

I can't wait to integrate and try this over the holidays. I feel this package would really draw in more the pandemic crew too with the event deck and scaling that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man you guys are making me jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
swheelock wrote:
I can’t wait to try it. I think it’ll live up to the hype with my group.

I really wish there was a better Structural Engineer, though.

Really? I always felt the Engineer was a bit too effective with how he mitigated hot spots and repaired damage. I pulled him out of the fire fighter rotation for this reason, because of how much tension he removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
Really? I always felt the Engineer was a bit too effective with how he mitigated hot spots and repaired damage. I pulled him out of the fire fighter rotation for this reason, because of how much tension he removed from the game.

When I say ‘better,’ I don’t mean more effective. I haven’t ever played with the regular version, but the TE upgrade seems way too powerful, and also pretty boring. (It’s a little like the fire dog; you do one thing very well, and that’s all you’ll ever do.)

Anyway, maybe we’ll give it a shot sometime as a role someone can switch into and back out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Anyway, maybe we’ll give it a shot sometime as a role someone can switch into and back out of.

That's the only way I use the Engineer. If I'm down to 8 damage blocks or so, I'm sending him in, clear some blocks and get him out.

Effective, and one time, a game saver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, last time I played (which was my first time with Tragic Events), I sent the Engineer into the building, right into a safe spot next to two damaged walls . . . and the building collapsed RIGHT BEFORE his turn started. (Such a run of bad luck that game, though -- including FOUR blank POIs before a single real one turned up.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I wasn't sold on the idea of these decks, but the impressions seem positive. Can't wait to give it a go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:
Cool, I wasn't sold on the idea of these decks, but the impressions seem positive. Can't wait to give it a go!

You might want to be quick on the draw when you see a copy, since IBC didn’t clearly state it tragic events will make it to mainstream retail. On the original Kickstarter page it says that this maybe the only chance to get hold of it. But given all the positive feedback I would imagine there will be more of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest news appears to be that Tragic Events is available on Amazon (not for Australia though), with retail copies being available in 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Available now...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JRGW6R/ref=ox_sc_sfl_t...

(Received the link via IBC's newsletter. Still can't find the product if I try to search Amazon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought this yesterday off a CL seller (his cost), so that worked out well for me.

I guess the question about speculating to integrate Tragic Events into the core box may seem to make sense, but then the what repercussions would there be to the minis in the core box? Do they include three more colour firefighters? Do they move to the differentiated minis? And then how does that impact Extreme Danger?

If they're going to make such changes then would you want to make a 2.0 change and change other things as well? And if you do that, do you alienate your existing base of customers, because now you've changed things that would require them to buy more. And then maybe needing an upgrade kit.

So unless a major reboot, I would say if sales are strong then they'll eventually do a reprint of Tragic Events, seems the most reasonable thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.